This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Jano, that shirt looks snug. Do you have any pics of the xs in slim? I think that jacket looks pretty good. Maybe some waist suppression and let the sleeves out? Maybe.
    Unfortunately those are the only photo's I took. Guess I should have taken one in the regular slim. It is snug but I still have full range of motion. Maybe I'll swing into one again on Tuesday since I'll be in another area with a BR near by. As far as the JCrew blazer, would for sure need some waist suppression imo.

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    Jano4, the shirt looks too tight all over. It doesn't look comfortable. The jacket is perfect.
    As mentioned above it is snug but wasn't uncomfortable. More snug then having my Small size's tailored.

Comment

Originally posted by Jano4 View Post
      Since I've been giving a few critic's here and there, I think it's time I turn the table. Earlier today the weather in Chicago was somewhat decent so I decided talk a walk and check out a few stores. First one being BR. Typically I always purchased Small and then had them tailored to slim out the sides and arms. Actually came across two shirts and X-Small and decided to try them. Only have a photo of one of the button downs.

Overall I think I may just go X-Small now in my button downs to save on tailoring. However I better make sure I don't gain much. The first one I tried on was a BR X-Small in tailored slim. Armholes, sleeve width, and waist are pretty much spot on. Wouldn't mind the sleeve length being a bit more like the Small. Otherwise it was a little tight at the chest as you can see from the 2nd button. I then tried on a X-Small in Slim and that gave me enough fabric to reduce the pulling I had at that 2nd button.
      Photo of XS Tailiored Slim:

Later in the day I stopped by JCrew to find some X-Small button ups to try on there. Very similar results in the Slim fit as BR's Slim fit button down's. The two suits that I own are MTM so I wanted to see how a JCrew jacket would fit me. Put on a 36R jacket, was also looking for a 34R but that isn't offered in store. Shoulders seem alright. I feel the waist/chest needs to lose 1/2" and slim down the arm width. Arm holes could be a little higher as well.
      JCrew 36R:

Opinions?
      Is it just me or do the sleeves look quite short on the button up?

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
        Is it just me or do the sleeves look quite short on the button up?
        Yeah I mention that in my post that they are a tad shorter then I prefer. Would like another 1/2 inch.

Comment

Jano, that shirt definitely looks too tight and too short. Would've been interested in seeing the comparison to the Slim, that would've corrected some of the pulling around the chest, I'm sure, but if the sleeves are still too short than you're better off avoiding the XS and just get your S tailored.

Comment

JCF point collar white dress shirt in size small regular.

I think it too loose in the waist and slightly long in the sleeves. The material is very lightweight. I am going to wear it casually in the summer with my tan cotton pants or navy linen pants.

I should have gotten the slim fit instead, but I don't want to return this since it was so cheap. I might try it in the light heat cycle dryer to try to shrink it.

Comment

JCF point collar white dress shirt in size small regular.

I think it too loose in the waist and slightly long in the sleeves. The material is very lightweight. I am going to wear it casually in the summer with my tan cotton pants or navy linen pants.

I should have gotten the slim fit instead, but I don't want to return this since it was so cheap. I might try it in the light heat cycle dryer to try to shrink it.
              I agree with your points (bold). I think it is just big overall from the armpits down. Worth it to take it to a tailor?

Comment

Got my CG suit in today. Knowing it needs some tailoring, do you think it's a good starting point for fit? I'm wondering if I should size differently? FWIW, I'll not be going as tightly tailored in the waist as a lot of you. It just not feasible.

Comment

[MENTION=11287]shockfinder[/MENTION] it looks a little big IMO. I would take in the waist, chest and sleeves. Honestly the shoulders look a little big too. I would try a size down.

Comment

SS suit

Hey all,

Looking to get some of my first "grown-up" suits for job interviews and professional use. Stopped by SS today, tried on this Napoli in Navy, seeing if I could get some advice. I'm 6'4", 190lbs, 36" shirt sleeve, 20" back length, 34 waist 34 length, 16.5 shirt neck.

40L: http://s885.photobucket.com/user/sip...S%20Navy%2040L

Good: chest fit, I think it covers my butt enough
                    Bad: Sleeves short (believe they can let out enough to fix), some upper sleeve bunching/skewdness which the tailor demonstrated she could removed with a bit of extra padding under the shoulder.

42L: http://s885.photobucket.com/user/sip...S%20Navy%2042L

Good: Definitely long enough overall and in sleeves
                    Bad: Very bad bunching and skewedness in upper sleeve, seemed to worsen badly on right side after pining. Too much material in back before pining but back seemed okay after pining.

Not sure if the 42L can be "fixed" adequately, they recommended the 40L and it seemed right in the shoulders, thoughts?

Thanks!
                    Eric

Comment

LCDR, it's probably okay for a dress shirt under a suit jacket, but it looks big for a casual shirt.

Comment

[MENTION=9567]sippyCUP[/MENTION]. Based on those pics 40L all the way. Maybe let the sleeves out just a little and bring in the waist.

Comment

Going to concur with [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], 40L seems like the better choice.

Comment

Here is the same shirt after one wash and dry. It has shrunk about 1 inch circumference at the chest and waist. Any better? I agree the fabric is very thin and paper-y feeling.

Comment

Here is the same shirt after one wash and dry. It has shrunk about 1 inch circumference at the chest and waist. Any better? I agree the fabric is very thin and paper-y feeling.

Good fit.

Comment

Are you really wearing a t-shirt under that shirt? Sigh... .

Comment

Working...
                                X