Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see them either. I get an error message about a redirect loop.

Comment

Jcrew Thompson Cotton Suit

HI Guys,

I was at a Jcrew Factory store yesterday and tried on the Thompson cotton blazer. Please let me know what do you think:

Edit: For some reason cannot get the images to show correctly, added direct links

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1k...it?usp=sharing
      Last edited by kozak; March 5, 2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Can't see the pics on my phone. Not sure about desktop version.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
          Can't see the pics on my phone. Not sure about desktop version.
          It's a no-go on desktop, too. I think it's something with the way Dropbox handles images.

Comment

Originally posted by kozak View Post
            HI Guys,

I was at a Jcrew Factory store yesterday and tried on the Thompson cotton blazer. Please let me know what do you think:

I think it generally looks so/so. The shoulders do appear to be a bit wide, but that might actually be your build so I'm refraining from any absolute declarations. Also, the button in front shows some puckering that would indicate that the jacket is a bit tight - not much, but enough to notice. However, sizing up would probably make it larger in the shoulders, and that's the last thing you want.

I notice that the vents in the back are still stitched shut. Removing those stitches before taking the samples pics could turn your so/so fit into a pretty good one by releasing the tension in the front.

Comment

kozak, pretty good fit. I agree there is slight pulling at the front button, but maybe you could get it let out. I think the shoulders are fine. The jacket length is a little short for my tastes, but it doesn't show up as much because the color is dark and uniform with the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by kozak View Post
                HI Guys,

Edit: For some reason cannot get the images to show correctly, added direct links

Looks pretty good to me. The shoulder is slightly wider but not enough that I think it looks bad. Looks good in the chest and waist (I personally like a slight crease at the button as I like a tighter fit). I would prefer a slightly longer jacket length but again that's just me nit picking. Pants appear to look good in the side profile (Looking at the mirror reflection). I was have the pants shorted for a smaller breaker.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I will take a couple of pics with the vent stitches removed and post back.

Comment

Since I've been giving a few critic's here and there, I think it's time I turn the table. Earlier today the weather in Chicago was somewhat decent so I decided talk a walk and check out a few stores. First one being BR. Typically I always purchased Small and then had them tailored to slim out the sides and arms. Actually came across two shirts and X-Small and decided to try them. Only have a photo of one of the button downs.

Overall I think I may just go X-Small now in my button downs to save on tailoring. However I better make sure I don't gain much. The first one I tried on was a BR X-Small in tailored slim. Armholes, sleeve width, and waist are pretty much spot on. Wouldn't mind the sleeve length being a bit more like the Small. Otherwise it was a little tight at the chest as you can see from the 2nd button. I then tried on a X-Small in Slim and that gave me enough fabric to reduce the pulling I had at that 2nd button.
                    Photo of XS Tailiored Slim:

Later in the day I stopped by JCrew to find some X-Small button ups to try on there. Very similar results in the Slim fit as BR's Slim fit button down's. The two suits that I own are MTM so I wanted to see how a JCrew jacket would fit me. Put on a 36R jacket, was also looking for a 34R but that isn't offered in store. Shoulders seem alright. I feel the waist/chest needs to lose 1/2" and slim down the arm width. Arm holes could be a little higher as well.
                    JCrew 36R:

Opinions?

Comment

Too tight? I'm just trying to get used to things that fit?

Comment

Jano, that shirt looks snug. Do you have any pics of the xs in slim? I think that jacket looks pretty good. Maybe some waist suppression and let the sleeves out? Maybe.

Chief, shoulders look good. Other than that it's hard to tell with those pics. Could you get some better lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                          Jano, that shirt looks snug. Do you have any pics of the xs in slim? I think that jacket looks pretty good. Maybe some waist suppression and let the sleeves out? Maybe.

Chief, shoulders look good. Other than that it's hard to tell with those pics. Could you get some better lighting?
                          Is this better?

Comment

That suit just eats up light. It is hard to tell good fit in either set of pictures. Side profile does not look too bad but I cannot tell what is going on with the front or back.

Comment

Jano4, the shirt looks too tight all over. It doesn't look comfortable. The jacket is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                                Is this better?
                                I'd suggest doing some portrait angle pictures rather than landscape, then you should be able to get closer to the lens and fill the frame. It'd make it easier in us to see more details on the fit. My $.02.

Comment

Working...
                                X