Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I picked up this coat and I thought I would post and get your thoughts on the fit, this is a Medium and I feel its too big on me and should try a Small, its a $300 coat so I wanna be sure before im stuck with it.. I really like it

Comment

You sure have been piling up the purchases, KMAN. It looks okay. Who makes it?

Comment

$300 for a coat is a good chunk of cash. IMO looks kinda like a mis mash of a duffle coat and a puffer. I'm not a huge fan personally but fit looks fine. Coats suck to size because you can be wearing a T shirt, button down, cardigan, thick sweater, and suit under it so sizing is really situational in the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
          $300 for a coat is a good chunk of cash. IMO looks kinda like a mis mash of a duffle coat and a puffer. I'm not a huge fan personally but fit looks fine. Coats suck to size because you can be wearing a T shirt, button down, cardigan, thick sweater, and suit under it so sizing is really situational in the body.
          Yeah its a quilted wool blend duffle coat, I love the coat and its super warm.. I just feel like its swallowing me in the arms and its a tad long, which is why im contemplating checking out a small, its retail $298 I got it on clearence for $120

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            wool/poly by Express

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              Its a quilted wool blend duffle coat from Express its actually very warm and a really nice coat

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                I love this blazer, and get a lot of compliments on the color. Wanted to throw it out there, do you think I should get it tailored a bit?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bkb28b3yj35a4nl/LmmuxorbPc
                I never got any responses on this. Does that mean it's no good?

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                  I never got any responses on this. Does that mean it's no good?
                  That picture is a little misleading and tripping me out lol, try taking a few better pics if possible maybe one of the back and a side profile, and do up the top button, also from what I have been told around here you should have 1/4" - 1/2" cuff showing when your hands are by your sides ideally. This assumes you are wearing the correct sleeve length dress shirt.

Comment

^Correct. Sleeves are long. Fit is impossible to determine because we're too busy looking at that fine wom...we're having a hard time determining how it actually suits your body with the pose you've selected. Shoulders look a bit strong, jacket perhaps a tad long, button stance is traditional-high-ish.

On the side, I like the subway-tile/black granite/white cabinetry look.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      ^Correct. Sleeves are long. Fit is impossible to determine because we're too busy looking at that fine wom...we're having a hard time determining how it actually suits your body with the pose you've selected. Shoulders look a bit strong, jacket perhaps a tad long, button stance is traditional-high-ish.

Hahaha you said exactly what I was thinking aside from you also checking out the kitchen decor haha

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post

Hahahaha. You made my wife very happy. First, you said my jacket doesn't look as good as I thought. Second, you complimented her looks. Third, you complimented her kitchen! Thanks for the input.

Comment

Hey everyone! First time poster, but lurking for a while now. Been looking for a suit for a while now, my first that would actually fit like it should. Nothing I bought in the past fit. I've also been having trouble finding something that will fit my build. 5'6'' and 178lb. Fairly lean though as I am pretty active.

Back on topic: When trying things on the ludlow 38s was too small, and 40s was too big. BR tailored didn't work out well. Nothing at Macy's or Nordstrom really fit the bill. I read the Thompson was a slightly bigger than the ludlow so I gave it a try and I think it fits the best. What do you do guys think? Shoulders too small? (I did do all the normal tests: hug, raise arm, wall). This is completely OTR. Maybe just sleeve shortening, but the body fits fine. Also these aren't the pants, the ones matching with the jacket are back ordered.

Basically...Return or Keep?

Last edited by jossshhuaa; February 20, 2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Shoulders look fine. Seems to fit well but a little on the short side. I'm not against shorter jackets and your arms are kinda up so it might be altering the look

Comment

Welcome from Hawaii! (Lucky dog)
                              The jacket looks like it fits well. Shoulders look good on the pics. I might shorten the sleeves slightly but that is personal preference.
                              I like the small shirt collar since it matches the small jacket lapel. I would prefer a darker tie, with a small knot.

Comment

Make sure you don't have a problem with bowing lapels.
                                http://putthison.com/post/4808857582...e-really-loved

Comment

Working...
                                X