Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
    Well I was able to make it out to the BR Factory store today in my town, I tried on a 38 tailored blazer to see the fit, Im hoping you guys still say its a bit big because the one I bought off ebay thats on its way is a 36R, keep in mind I have another tshirt under the plaid dress shirt also




    Here is the 38R blazer from Express as posted previously which you guys said didnt fit to compare



    I also tried on some BR tailored slim fit dress shirts in a small as was suggested by someone

    38R tailored fit looks good. You can't compare one brand/fit to another brand/fit, as we all mentioned before you bought the eBay blazer. I hope it works out! I can't see your shirt collar; tuck in your shirt; wear dress pants when trying on suits and shirts.

    Comment


      Originally posted by marathon View Post
      38R tailored fit looks good. You can't compare one brand/fit to another brand/fit, as we all mentioned before you bought the eBay blazer. I hope it works out! I can't see your shirt collar; tuck in your shirt; wear dress pants when trying on suits and shirts.
      Ill post pics when I pickup the 36R tomorrow probably, im pretty sure the material is different then the one I tried on today, do you think the sleeves need to be shortened on that?

      Comment


        Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
        Well I was able to make it out to the BR Factory store today in my town, I tried on a 38 tailored blazer to see the fit, Im hoping you guys still say its a bit big because the one I bought off ebay thats on its way is a 36R, keep in mind I have another tshirt under the plaid dress shirt also




        Here is the 38R blazer from Express as posted previously which you guys said didnt fit to compare



        I also tried on some BR tailored slim fit dress shirts in a small as was suggested by someone

        While not terrible in the midsection, 38R looks too big (again in the sleeves). I think the 36R will fit much better. The tailored slim fit shirt in small looks great.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Jano4 View Post
          While not terrible in the midsection, 38R looks too big (again in the sleeves). I think the 36R will fit much better. The tailored slim fit shirt in small looks great.
          Thank you for the feedback, im excited to pick it up tomorrow and try it on! do you think the tailored slim fit shirt looks big in the sleeves at all?

          Comment


            Don't worry too much about sleeves unless you have functional cuffs. Very easy tailor job which most people need to begin with anyways. Most sleeves are too long from what I see day to day.

            Comment


              Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
              Thank you for the feedback, im excited to pick it up tomorrow and try it on! do you think the tailored slim fit shirt looks big in the sleeves at all?
              I feel the sleeve length of the shirt is fine from the photo. After looking at it again it does look a little bunched up at the right side elbow, so with that straightened out it might be a bit longer.

              Comment


                So I went and picked up my BR tailored fit navy blazer today that I bought off ebay for $100 shipped and boy do I feel like an idiot for being so stubborn and ignorant for not listening to you guys and actually thinking that Express black 38R blazer fit me, this thing hugs me like it was made for me, so much less padding in the shoulders, the quality just feels so much better and durable, what do you guys think compared to the BR 38R I tried on in the store yesterday, I havent cut the vent in the back yet, the only question I have are you supposed to see shirt cuff when my arms are down by my sides or only when my hands are up?

                http://imgur.com/a/ZRLQ7#bPKuZJv

                Excited to see how you guys think the fit is!
                PS: I can take some side pics and of the back if needed when I have someone available

                Comment


                  @xKMAN: Looks good. 1/4" - 1/2" cuff showing when your hands are by your sides would be ideal. This assumes you are wearing the correct sleeve length dress shirt. In those photos it looks like you could shorten the blazer sleeves by 1/4" - 1/2".

                  Do a Google image search for "correct sleeve length suit jacket" to get a good idea of correct sleeve length.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                    So I went and picked up my BR tailored fit navy blazer today that I bought off ebay for $100 shipped and boy do I feel like an idiot for being so stubborn and ignorant for not listening to you guys and actually thinking that Express black 38R blazer fit me, this thing hugs me like it was made for me, so much less padding in the shoulders, the quality just feels so much better and durable, what do you guys think compared to the BR 38R I tried on in the store yesterday, I havent cut the vent in the back yet, the only question I have are you supposed to see shirt cuff when my arms are down by my sides or only when my hands are up?

                    http://imgur.com/a/ZRLQ7#bPKuZJv

                    Excited to see how you guys think the fit is!
                    PS: I can take some side pics and of the back if needed when I have someone available
                    See, some of us know what we're talking about! Fit looks good, shorten those sleeves and you're good to go. Are those functional cuffs? I know a lot of BR blazers have them, a couple of mine do but luckily I didn't need to have them tailored. Could make shortening a little tricky.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by dackman View Post
                      See, some of us know what we're talking about! Fit looks good, shorten those sleeves and you're good to go. Are those functional cuffs? I know a lot of BR blazers have them, a couple of mine do but luckily I didn't need to have them tailored. Could make shortening a little tricky.
                      Yes they are functional cuffs, is it still possible to shorten the sleeves 1/4 - 1/2" or is that going to make things an expensive alteration

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                        Yes they are functional cuffs, is it still possible to shorten the sleeves 1/4 - 1/2" or is that going to make things an expensive alteration
                        You can shorten from the sleeve even if functional BUT you're going to have the end of your sleeve very close to the most distal button. Most people won't notice/care and if you don't then this is a faaar more affordable alteration than shortening from the shoulder. If you want to maintain the distance between the most distal sleeve button and the end of the sleeve with functional buttons then you have to shorten from the shoulder - this is really expensive.

                        by the way this BR jacket looks really really good on you, best fit of anything you've shown us!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          You can shorten from the sleeve even if functional BUT you're going to have the end of your sleeve very close to the most distal button. Most people won't notice/care and if you don't then this is a faaar more affordable alteration than shortening from the shoulder. If you want to maintain the distance between the most distal sleeve button and the end of the sleeve with functional buttons then you have to shorten from the shoulder - this is really expensive.

                          by the way this BR jacket looks really really good on you, best fit of anything you've shown us!
                          Thanks man! that makes me really really happy to hear such positive feedback reassuring me I made the right decision, I think it was a pretty good deal for $100 shipped it came still in the bag with the BR hanger and all the tags and everything still on it, I looked it over and cant see any issues. Now I just have to return this shitty black cotton sateen blazer to Express and decide on something else, probably best if I think ahead since winter is nearly over maybe grey or something khaki/beige? I really do like the material of this though

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                            Thanks man! that makes me really really happy to hear such positive feedback reassuring me I made the right decision, I think it was a pretty good deal for $100 shipped it came still in the bag with the BR hanger and all the tags and everything still on it, I looked it over and cant see any issues. Now I just have to return this shitty black cotton sateen blazer to Express and decide on something else, probably best if I think ahead since winter is nearly over maybe grey or something khaki/beige? I really do like the material of this though
                            BR has some nice looking Spring blazers right now, and now that you've found a good fit, it should make it easier for you to find some other options from there. Wait for a sale though.

                            And if the fit of the BR blazer works I would suggest trying some options from J Crew or J Crew Factory, you'll find that their jackets also have a nice tailored construction.

                            Welcome to your new obsession! I know I started a couple years back with one cheap cotton blazer and today I have 10 well fitting jackets hanging in my closet.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dackman View Post
                              BR has some nice looking Spring blazers right now, and now that you've found a good fit, it should make it easier for you to find some other options from there. Wait for a sale though.

                              And if the fit of the BR blazer works I would suggest trying some options from J Crew or J Crew Factory, you'll find that their jackets also have a nice tailored construction.

                              Welcome to your new obsession! I know I started a couple years back with one cheap cotton blazer and today I have 10 well fitting jackets hanging in my closet.
                              Haha, we have a BR Factory store here about 5-10 mins away and I didnt even realize it until recently, for some strange reason though when I was in there yesterday I asked the girl if they had any 36 blazers so I could try one on to get an idea of the fit she said no, thats why I tried on the 38 it was the smallest size they had and they dont label them as S, R, L it was just 38.. strange maybe its because its a factory store or its Canada, who knows but the entire store is 50% off so I think im definately going to go back and see what I can find, I noticed they had the aiden slim chinos in there and I heard good things about those, but I would definately like to pickup another casual blazer, now I see why everyone says to avoid a black blazer

                              I noticed this http://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/b...&pid=554779003 on clearence there for 40% off works out to around $107
                              Last edited by xKMAN83x; February 15, 2014, 08:46 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                                So I went and picked up my BR tailored fit navy blazer today that I bought off ebay for $100 shipped and boy do I feel like an idiot for being so stubborn and ignorant for not listening to you guys and actually thinking that Express black 38R blazer fit me, this thing hugs me like it was made for me, so much less padding in the shoulders, the quality just feels so much better and durable, what do you guys think compared to the BR 38R I tried on in the store yesterday, I havent cut the vent in the back yet, the only question I have are you supposed to see shirt cuff when my arms are down by my sides or only when my hands are up?

                                http://imgur.com/a/ZRLQ7#bPKuZJv

                                Excited to see how you guys think the fit is!
                                PS: I can take some side pics and of the back if needed when I have someone available
                                Much better! Still shorten the sleeves a tad but great otherwise. And nice deal.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X