This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    zcm: I think that jacket looks great on you, man.
    Originally posted by dackman View Post
    Shoulders look fine to me.
    I don't understand why the hell I am self conscience about how jackets fit... I can look at others and decide in a few seconds but not myself. I think it has something to do with the years of ill fitting suits and the corresponding pictures that I see. Thanks for the thoughts guys. I need to be more confident with jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
      So I picked up an Extra Slim in size Small today, what do you guys think it feels a little snug in the belly area not sure if that can be let out a little or how you guys think the overall fit looks.. I know they are meant to fit tight to your body and it has 3% spandex, I included a plaid blue which is an Extra Slim Medium, Solid grey is a Fitted Small and then the light blue is the Extra Slim Small, whats my best fit?

http://imgur.com/a/mLrNL#idy6uFh

PS: sorry for the bad mirror pic and the wrinkles
      Fitment in the neck, chest, and waist look great to me. The arms/sleeves are a bit of a different story. Need to be shortened and possibly trimmed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jano4 View Post
        Fitment in the neck, chest, and waist look great to me. The arms/sleeves are a bit of a different story. Need to be shortened and possibly trimmed as well.
        Which shirt are you referring to? I posted 3 different fits/sizes

Comment

Quick question. Are these jeans too short? They are a 30 length and 32s are really long. I'm a little old to be rolling them up.

Comment

It really depends on how you like your jeans to fit, but I'd say no. The jeans still have a slight break, and look like they can be dressed up a bit.

Comment

I'm 59 and I roll mine, or cuff or crimp, depending on length. What's the age limit?

But nah, they look okay. What kind are they?

Comment

Haha I didn't mean for it to come off like that. I'm 40, but just recently getting into dressing a bit nicer. They just Levi's 513s. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I don't have a photo to post, but since this is such a specific fit question I figured I'd post it here...When it comes to sportcoats/suit jackets, how slim do you like the sleeves to be? If you move your forearm in a way that flexes your bicep (intentionally or otherwise ), and the sleeve is very tight around the upper arm, would you call that too tight?

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                    Haha I didn't mean for it to come off like that. I'm 40, but just recently getting into dressing a bit nicer. They just Levi's 513s. Thanks for the input.
                    No problem. You can still dress nicer and roll your jeans, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                      I don't have a photo to post, but since this is such a specific fit question I figured I'd post it here...When it comes to sportcoats/suit jackets, how slim do you like the sleeves to be? If you move your forearm in a way that flexes your bicep (intentionally or otherwise ), and the sleeve is very tight around the upper arm, would you call that too tight?
                      If it looks like your about to turn into The Hulk then I'd say it's too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                        Yes. your jacket should fit trim but never tight or constricting. You should be able to move freely without any binding. I'm not suggesting you should be able to breakdance, but you should be able to perform routine movements without feeling like your about to blow out a seam.

Comment

A little different for these forums, but looking for some feedback. I picked up a Marmot soft shell jacket today st TJ Maxx for pretty cheap. I feel like it's borderline between too right and perfectly slim. What do you guys think?

Comment

It looks fine to me.

Comment

@drocpsu: looks good.

Comment

Well I was able to make it out to the BR Factory store today in my town, I tried on a 38 tailored blazer to see the fit, Im hoping you guys still say its a bit big because the one I bought off ebay thats on its way is a 36R, keep in mind I have another tshirt under the plaid dress shirt also

Here is the 38R blazer from Express as posted previously which you guys said didnt fit to compare

I also tried on some BR tailored slim fit dress shirts in a small as was suggested by someone

Last edited by xKMAN83x; February 14, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X