Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go down a size. It's just a little big.

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    I ordered the Ludlow Gray Ludlow Club Flannel sportcoat that was recommended on the main site some time ago. Not really sure about the fit. It's good in the shoulders, but I think a little long in the arms and borderline constraining in the chest. And yet in the pictures it is still too wide in the waist, it looks like. What do you guys think? Sorry for the poor quality pictures and don't mind the outfit.

http://imgur.com/a/43F0C

Comment

Originally posted by 1Harrier1 View Post
      Hey there, I'm new.

The short of it is, I want to become more fit-concious when it comes to buying new shirts. So, I want your opinions about what I have in my closet right now.
      What fits the best/worst?
      What is worth saving/what is worth tailoring/what should be gotten rid of?
      What kinds of places should I try next for the best OTR fit? (I think I need something that fits slimmer…uniqlo?)

1. Land's End Canvas micro gringham Poplin - Medium
      2. Sonoma (Kohl's) blue plaid - Medium
      3. Sonoma flannel plaid - Medium
      4. J. Crew Slim fit Oxford in tonal cotton - Medium
      5. Converse one star (Target) chambray - Small
      6. Urban Pipeline (Kohl's) denim shirt - Medium
      8. LEC Micro Dobby Poplin - Medium
      9. Old t-shirt (to give you an idea of my physique)

Cheap stuff, I know, try to retain your laughter

6'0", 158lb, 39" chest, 31" waist, 12" arms, 6.25" wrists, 33" inseam

http://imgur.com/a/qwdZf#0
      Bump. Posted this a few days ago, but it didn't appear until today I think, so nobody's going to see it on the second page back.

Comment

It all looks good to me. Recommend J. Crew, GAP, BR, and Lands End.

Comment

Hey guys I have a chest size of 40 inches, but want to get a suede bomber jacket that is listed by the store to be 21.75'' pit to pit, meaning 43.5'' chest (size large). I am always between a Medium and a Large, so I'm really contemplating if I should buy this jacket, especially since it is final sale. The jacket looks a lot like this one:
          http://www.styleforum.net/t/376775/b...mber-jacket-xs

Are bomber jackets meant to be worn closer to the body/more fitted? Do you guys think this will be too loose/sloppy?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            It all looks good to me. Recommend J. Crew, GAP, BR, and Lands End.
            Really? I had a feeling the back on the j.crew slim and LEC shirts were a bit... undefined, but maybe this is something to be expected? Without darts, there's no way to contour the shape of a shirt to one's lower back, no? Or is the back fit just a matter of overall body width?

Comment

Lands End has a new slim fit which is more fitted than their tailored fit/LEC fits.
              Ben

Comment

Good news, everybody! I discovered that there's a Red Wing Store in Des Moines, and not just an "authorized dealer" shoe store, but a real Red Wing store. In a couple of weeks, I'll head there in search of my 877s. Nothing better when it comes to buying footwear than getting the right fit in a brick and mortar store.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Harrier1 View Post
                  Really? I had a feeling the back on the j.crew slim and LEC shirts were a bit... undefined, but maybe this is something to be expected? Without darts, there's no way to contour the shape of a shirt to one's lower back, no? Or is the back fit just a matter of overall body width?
                  In some of those shirts you absolutely need a size Small - particularly the first 3 where the shoulder seam is down past your shoulder joint, and the sleeves on many of those look way long. As long as a small fits through the chest that will be your best bet. The chambray looks to be the best fitting of the bunch. Your best bet is to try on a bunch of brands before buying more. Or if you have to buy online measure your best fitting shirt (the chambray in my opinion) and compare using those measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                    Good news, everybody! I discovered that there's a Red Wing Store in Des Moines, and not just an "authorized dealer" shoe store, but a real Red Wing store. In a couple of weeks, I'll head there in search of my 877s. Nothing better when it comes to buying footwear than getting the right fit in a brick and mortar store.
                    We have one in my city Warwick, RI. I tried the 875 but they lacked a good amount of sizes. I want the 875's in 8.5E but they don't have them.

Comment

I read on the store site that they can order what they don't carry. One of my reasons for going to a store is to get help with making sure I get the right size.

Comment

Just got the JCF cotton cord delivered yesterday. I like the light weight jacket (BTW it is only half lined not fully). Excuse the crappy mirror pic. I am thinking that the shoulders appear too pointy (maybe too big). Or am I just overly critical of my own fit? What do you guys think?

Comment

So I picked up an Extra Slim in size Small today, what do you guys think it feels a little snug in the belly area not sure if that can be let out a little or how you guys think the overall fit looks.. I know they are meant to fit tight to your body and it has 3% spandex, I included a plaid blue which is an Extra Slim Medium, Solid grey is a Fitted Small and then the light blue is the Extra Slim Small, whats my best fit?

http://imgur.com/a/mLrNL#idy6uFh

PS: sorry for the bad mirror pic and the wrinkles

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                            Just got the JCF cotton cord delivered yesterday. I like the light weight jacket (BTW it is only half lined not fully). Excuse the crappy mirror pic. I am thinking that the shoulders appear too pointy (maybe too big). Or am I just overly critical of my own fit? What do you guys think?

Shoulders look fine to me.

Comment

zcm: I think that jacket looks great on you, man.

xKMAN83x: Of those three, I like the fit of the blue plaid/patterned one the best. The sleeves appear a little billowy, but that may be due to them being too long. In fact the sleeves on all of those look to me to be too long. Do you have an option of sleeve length, or are you planning on having them altered?

Comment

There is no sleeve length option so I would be tailoring them, I feel the medium in the extra slim fits the best overall aswell aside from the extra in the sleeves. The only other option is to have the waist let out a bit in the extra slim small (light blue) but it is pretty snug on me in the mid section, I have a little bit of a ponch haha

Comment

Working...
                                X