Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit advice, anyone, on Red Wing 877s? I'm going to have to buy online, can't find any retailers within reasonable driving distance that carry them. I've read some advice about sizing down as much as a full size. Is this true?

I wear a 10 in Converse and Clarks DBs (although I could go down to 9.5 easily in both for a slightly snugger fit). Would that make me a 9.5 or a 9 in Red Wings?

Appreciate any input.

Comment

I'm just thinking that going down to a small in the extra slim might be too trim through the torso.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
        I'm just thinking that going down to a small in the extra slim might be too trim through the torso.
        What do you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          Fit advice, anyone, on Red Wing 877s? I'm going to have to buy online, can't find any retailers within reasonable driving distance that carry them. I've read some advice about sizing down as much as a full size. Is this true?

I wear a 10 in Converse and Clarks DBs (although I could go down to 9.5 easily in both for a slightly snugger fit). Would that make me a 9.5 or a 9 in Red Wings?

Appreciate any input.
          Bump

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
            What do you suggest?
            Try the small anyways, and see if I'm wrong? Or, if you're going to get it tailored to tweak the arms, maybe the tailor can just bring up the shoulders.

Or just leave it as is, it hardly looks bad, just could be a bit better. 99% of everyone who sees it won't notice or won't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
              Try the small anyways, and see if I'm wrong? Or, if you're going to get it tailored to tweak the arms, maybe the tailor can just bring up the shoulders.

Or just leave it as is, it hardly looks bad, just could be a bit better. 99% of everyone who sees it won't notice or won't care.
              In terms of taking the sleeves in how much should I have them shortened do you think, I'm relatively new to tailoring my clothes, I appreciate your input

Comment

Maybe an 3/4" or so. I don't know for sure, the best bet, if you want to get them tailored, it just to talk to a tailor, let them pin it up, and see how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post

Appreciate any input.
                  Sorry, bud. I can't recall even seeing them in-store anywhere. There's a couple local RW shops around here, though - one in particular near my workplace which has a bunch of the Heritage line, and in fact the owner/manager wear them exclusively (at least IRs, Beckmans, and Moc-toes) - so if I get a chance to stop in I'll see what he says. When are you expecting to buy them?

Comment

2-3 weeks or so. Thanks.

Comment

Hey there, I'm new.

The short of it is, I want to become more fit-concious when it comes to buying new clothes. So, I want your opinions about what I have in my closet right now (for shirts at least).
                      What fits the best/worst?
                      What is worth saving/what is worth tailoring/what should be gotten rid of?
                      What kinds of places should I try next for the best OTR fit?

I have my own opinions on each but I want to hear what you have to say.

1. Land's End Canvas micro gringham Poplin - Medium
                      2. Sonoma (Kohl's) blue plaid - Medium
                      3. Sonoma flannel plaid - Medium
                      4. J. Crew Slim fit Oxford in tonal cotton - Medium
                      5. Converse one star (Target) chambray - Small
                      6. Urban Pipeline (Kohl's) denim shirt - Medium
                      8. LEC Micro Dobby Poplin - Medium
                      9. Old t-shirt (to give you an idea of my physique)

Cheap stuff, I know, try to retain your laughter

6'0", 158lb, 39" chest, 31" waist, 12" arms, 6.25" wrists, 33" inseam

http://imgur.com/a/qwdZf#0

Comment

Looking for a critique on the suit jacket here:

http://imgur.com/8xHg8LS

http://imgur.com/NWugVoz

Apologies for the grainy photo and noise on the image. It's a solid suit jacket--no pattern. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comment

Looks good. Hard to tell from the photo but how is the shoulder fit? I'm sure a few will say they'd prefer it to be a little longer, 1" maybe. Again, it's hard to tell from the photo, might just be the angle.

Comment

I ordered the Ludlow Gray Ludlow Club Flannel sportcoat that was recommended on the main site some time ago. Not really sure about the fit. It's good in the shoulders, but I think a little long in the arms and borderline constraining in the chest. And yet in the pictures it is still too wide in the waist, it looks like. What do you guys think? Sorry for the poor quality pictures and don't mind the outfit.

http://imgur.com/a/43F0C

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                              I ordered the Ludlow Gray Ludlow Club Flannel sportcoat that was recommended on the main site some time ago. Not really sure about the fit. It's good in the shoulders, but I think a little long in the arms and borderline constraining in the chest. And yet in the pictures it is still too wide in the waist, it looks like. What do you guys think? Sorry for the poor quality pictures and don't mind the outfit.

Sleeves could be shortened and slimmed a little bit. Otherwise it looks to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post

I'd like to see it 1 size smaller and without the sweater underneath! You really can't try on a suit with another layer underneath.

Don't worry about the sleeves and waist. They do need to be shortened and taken in respectively, but that can be fixed easily by a decent tailor.

Comment

Working...
                                X