Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not look to be from shipping. The military jacket is way too broad in shoulders. The shoulder seams clearly are on your arms, not your shoulders. Black blazer also has fit problems, though not as severe, but as mentioned anyway, a black blazer is not a priority purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
      disregard any wrinkles due to them being shipped in the mail
      Something does not look right in the shoulder/sleeve area from behind on the black jacket. Have you done the "wall test" with the shoulders? This will indicate if the shoulders are too big.

See: http://dappered.com/2011/02/the-suit...riority-guide/

The military jacket looks to be too big in the shoulders. Again, do the wall test to confirm.

Comment

• Ok, so I tried the shoulder into wall trick and on both it seems it squishes up a tid bit before hitting my actual shoulder but not a significant amount. The military jacket was clearence and I will have no way to switch sizes so its either I do some tailoring if needed or just return and the Black blazer I feel as if i size down it may be too snug in the torso and waist area, I dont know im torn I feel aside from the arms and sleeve length they really do fit reasonably well and they both do have a considerable amount of wrinkles so I dont know if thats misleading in the pictures, maybe I can try to take some more pics to get a better idea.. any suggestions arms out at my sides maybe? should i hang them both in the bathroom when I shower then put them on and take some pics?

Comment

Ok, so I tried the shoulder into wall trick and on both it seems it squishes up a tid bit before hitting my actual shoulder but not a significant amount.
          It's enough that they don't look right. I know you got a deal on them, but I think you'd be better off returning them and finding something that fits, or fits well enough that some small tailoring would get it right. Find something where the shoulders fit, everything else can be brought in/shortened.

Trust us, I guarantee every single member of this forum has bought some ill-fitting item because we were blinded by the sale price.

Comment

• Can you return them for refunds?

Comment

• xKMAN83x, Neither of those jackets fits you. It's not a reflection on you, your taste, or your body. It's not personal. Some jackets will not fit you. If that's the case, it's okay to move on.

Comment

• I can return the military jacket for refund and the black blazer I can return or exchange for a different size, would you recommend dropping down to a 38S or 36R?

Comment

• I think I would turn them for refunds, and then just take your time and do a little shopping. Try on different things by different brands, and pay very close attention to fit.

Comment

• I haven't tried on anything from Express in a while, but the last time I did, I remember the shoulders of their blazers were rather big and quite structured (lots of padding). I suspect maybe their jackets just aren't going to work for the shape of your body. You could size down, but the 38 is already quite snug in the waist and I suspect sizing down will make the rest of the jacket too small.

Express may just not work well for you. I would recommend trying jackets from a brand with softer, more natural shoulders, like Banana Republic for example.
                    Ben

Comment

• In terms of a 38R vs 38S whats the real difference in a regular and a short, the height of the armhole as well as the length of the jacket? As someone else mentioned if I did choose to size down to a 36R i could let it out a bit if needed

Comment

I can return the military jacket for refund and the black blazer I can return or exchange for a different size, would you recommend dropping down to a 38S or 36R?
                        I'd return both for refunds if you can. If you definitely want to get the black blazer try a 38S, it would definitely help with the arm length while still keeping the jacket length in the "acceptable" zone. I'd also recommend trying a 36S to see how it fits in the shoulders for comparison.

Comment

In terms of a 38R vs 38S whats the real difference in a regular and a short, the height of the armhole as well as the length of the jacket? As someone else mentioned if I did choose to size down to a 36R i could let it out a bit if needed
                          A short size will take 1" or so off the jacket length and sleeve length, keeping all other measurements identical to a regular size. Check the website or call customer device for details.

Comment

• I feel as if I may be in between a S or M with some of my measurements when it comes to shirts, what do you guys think? The blue plaid is an Extra Slim M and the Grey is a Fitted S.. I feel as thought Extra Slim size S may be my best option, sorry the shirts are quite wrinkled, comments??

http://imgur.com/a/VzcHV

Comment

• The sleeves could do to be taken in a bit on both of them, but I think the plaid fits better around the torso and neck. Shoulders might be a bit better on the grey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domino View Post
                                The sleeves could do to be taken in a bit on both of them, but I think the plaid fits better around the torso and neck. Shoulders might be a bit better on the grey.
                                Thats what im thinking sizing down to a S in the extra slim would be spot on aside from having the sleeves taken in a bit, how much would you recommend for that, never had sleeves tailored before?

Comment

Working...
                                X