• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      on the fence about the break. Me thinks it's too long, what y'all think
      Definitely too long. I would shorten those for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
        Millsap, one thing I that the sleeves are a bit too long, and probably need to come up an inch or so.
        He's already showing some cuff with his hands by his sides and the sleeves look like they are hitting his wrist bone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjj84xzosf...126_191619.jpg

Based on the above photo I think an inch would make the sleeves way too short.

Comment

Originally posted by millsap2 View Post
          I'd guess the pad extends less than about 1/4" past my shoulder, buts its hard to say.
          Doesn't sound like too much, I wouldn't worry about it. Definitely try the 38R when you are buying a new blazer though. Also, don't limit yourself to Lands End, you might find that a different brand fits you better. Try out a bunch before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
            Doesn't sound like too much, I wouldn't worry about it. Definitely try the 38R when you are buying a new blazer though. Also, don't limit yourself to Lands End, you might find that a different brand fits you better. Try out a bunch before buying.
            Appreciate the feedback! Now to figure out how to wear it to an outdoor wedding in a couple weeks.

Comment

I have purchased size medium shirts my whole adult life without even thinking to try on a smaller size. Got a great deal on this BR slim-fit soft wash shirt in Small.
              How does the fit look? Should I be concerned with what is going on at the second button?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3ro6ywl41...126_192925.jpg

Comment

I have purchased size medium shirts my whole adult life without even thinking to try on a smaller size. Got a great deal on this BR slim-fit soft wash shirt in Small.
                How does the fit look? Should I be concerned with what is going on at the second button?

fits well. dont worry about the button

Comment

The button is perfectly fine, you definitely don't have to worry about that. If anything, I think you could try sizing down a little more, because the shoulders on that shirt are a bit too wide. You could give the BR tailored-slim a try, though I'm not sure if that would decrease the shoulder size or only the chest and waist.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I could use some fit advice as well. I stopped by a Jcrew today, and tried on a size 38R and 40R blazer, and am wondering what you all will make of them.

38R

40R

And if that seems inconclusive, I uploaded a few more pictures here. The first 3 are 40R, the last three are in a 38R. http://imgur.com/a/2vw1S

Comment

I can't tell the difference. They both look the same in terms of fit.

I would say the waist looks good, and the length looks good. Not sure about the shoulders, maybe the right shoulder a little too wide.

I like the look of the material and the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                        I can't tell the difference. They both look the same in terms of fit.

I would say the waist looks good, and the length looks good. Not sure about the shoulders, maybe the right shoulder a little too wide.

I like the look of the material and the buttons.
                        Yeah, looking at those pictures I'm not sure I could tell the difference either. The only difference that I can see is that the 38 is smaller in the waist. When I did the shoulder against the wall test, it actually seemed like the 38 was bigger! So maybe this was just a wonky/defective pair of blazers. And I'm sorry to say this was just a pair that I tried on to see how they fit me, I'm not actually planning on purchasing either. Though I am surprisingly okay with the metal buttons, I was always put off by them when I saw them online.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                          Yeah, looking at those pictures I'm not sure I could tell the difference either. The only difference that I can see is that the 38 is smaller in the waist. When I did the shoulder against the wall test, it actually seemed like the 38 was bigger! So maybe this was just a wonky/defective pair of blazers. And I'm sorry to say this was just a pair that I tried on to see how they fit me, I'm not actually planning on purchasing either. Though I am surprisingly okay with the metal buttons, I was always put off by them when I saw them online.
                          I have that blazer in 38R. I love it, i actually had the waist taken in a touch. I dont get the hate about the brass buttons that a lot of people seem to have on this site about this blazer. They aren't flashy either, more like a dull polished look. This was my first JCrew blazer purchase, i mostly own suitsupply but i got this blazer on sale. The blazer has a really good hand to it, feel like JCrew upped its quality from the last time i tried shopping for a suit/blazer there which was in 2008.

Comment

I think J Crew suiting just has issues with sizing quality control... Each pair can definitely be different.

Comment

I love this blazer, and get a lot of compliments on the color. Wanted to throw it out there, do you think I should get it tailored a bit?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bkb28b3yj35a4nl/LmmuxorbPc

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                                I could use some fit advice as well. I stopped by a Jcrew today, and tried on a size 38R and 40R blazer, and am wondering what you all will make of them.
                                The 38R fits you better. While the shoulders might be the same, the sleeves are not; they are both looser and longer on the 40R.

Comment

Working...
                                X