This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    I've always been a bit unsure about how my Baracuta fits. I've seen guys wear them a bit slmmer and shorter. How do you think this looks?

I bought a 44 because my chest measures 44, even though I actually wear a 42 in suits and blazers. In this size, it does fall below my beltline; I've read that it should hit at or above the beltline. It's a bit pouchy in front a bit baggy in back, although the waistline when zipped fits snugly (no gapping). It's comfortable, but as I say, I think the fit is "loose" compared to the fit I see a lot these days.
    Duvel,

That's a perfect fit.

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

That is reassuring, guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Yeah, it looks good Duvel! A size down and I think it'd be too constricting to be a comfortable layering piece that you could lounge or be active in.

Comment

I'm new, been lurking for awhile and discovering that maybe none of my clothes fit me as well as they should. I have a BR black cord blazer in 40R (Modern fit) that I bought a few years ago. It doesn't pass the shoulder to wall test, but it looks alright to me. What do you guys think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjj84xzosf...126_191619.jpg
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bx9wfdpkx...126_191629.jpg
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytis0ijju5...126_191825.jpg
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh8u584f7f...126_191640.jpg

This is my only blazer and I don't think it was the right choice for my first. Been looking at picking up a navy Land's End Tailored Fit Traveler's Blazer. I was thinking I'd try the 38R. Any thoughts based on how this one looks?

Comment

Millsap: I am no dapper expert but it looks like it fits OK. How far off are your shoulders? It can be hard to get a perfect fit off the rack. If you go 38R it may be too small.

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                Millsap: I am no dapper expert but it looks like it fits OK. How far off are your shoulders? It can be hard to get a perfect fit off the rack. If you go 38R it may be too small.
                I'd guess the pad extends less than about 1/4" past my shoulder, buts its hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  Yeah, it looks good Duvel! A size down and I think it'd be too constricting to be a comfortable layering piece that you could lounge or be active in.
                  Agreed. You might be able to size down 1 but not sure how tight that would look.

Duvel - I was wondering if you could comment on the Baracuta sizing. Is it pretty TTS? I'm assuming you have an original one and not one of the new slim fits? Thanks.

Comment

Millsap, one thing I that the sleeves are a bit too long, and probably need to come up an inch or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Agreed. You might be able to size down 1 but not sure how tight that would look.

Duvel - I was wondering if you could comment on the Baracuta sizing. Is it pretty TTS? I'm assuming you have an original one and not one of the new slim fits? Thanks.
                      Mine is a J. Crew from 2010. I'm not sure what fit they were selling. It is not particularly slim but I have heard that the originals are quite un-slim. This is generous but not baggy, so it could be the slim fit. I really have no comparison in real life.

Sizing seems to me to be true to size. I have the feeling that sizing down would give me something slimmer for warmer weather, something that I wouldn't layer much with. This size is perfect if I'm wearing a sweater but the jacket feels a little large if I'm just wearing it over a thin button-up shirt or a tee-shirt. I'll definitely go to a 42 or maybe even a 40 for the next one I get, which I want for warm weather wear.

Comment

First attempt at MTM. Getting the sleeves shortened, still on the fence about the break. Me thinks it's too long, what y'all think

Comment

Jake, Looking good slick. It's more fitted than I like, but it suits you. I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

I like it Jake. Sleeves look good IMO. I would hen up the pants a little to get less of a break but that is my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                              First attempt at MTM. Getting the sleeves shortened, still on the fence about the break. Me thinks it's too long, what y'all think
                              Looks quite good. The pant break could be less but looks fine to me if you didn't get it changed. Only reason I would get the sleeves shortened is to show some cuff, so I agree with that. Other than that it looks to fit good everywhere else.

Comment

Looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X