Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here... 37" chest (38" on a good day) and I wear a 36R, and often even a 36 is too big.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by sojo2600 View Post
      Ok, thanks for the info, guys. I just called the nearest J.Crew Factory outlet store and they have a 36S that they're holding for me. I'll give it a try and then I'll know for sure. I'm a bit skeptical about it since the 38 felt a bit snug around the waist, but its worth a shot. If it doesn't work, then I'll go ahead and exchange for the 38S, so it's a win-win situation.
      Just by looking at the photo's I feel the 36s will be too small in the chest/waist. My reason for that is because the side profile shows that the grey jacket really follows the contour of your back and the front has a very faint x across it. I'll still be interested in seeing how the 36s fits you.

Comment

My guess is that a 36 REGULAR will be very close, much better than the 38.

I was thinking, these stores should really rewrite their measurement guides to say, Measure your chest and substract 2 inches; that's your size.

Comment

Just got the Thompson in navy. 37", 37.5" chest, 30" waist, and 5'8". Got the 36s and it fits pretty well. If you're bigger than those dimensions, it might not fit.

Comment

I tried on the 36S. Way too small in the waist (I had to suck in my chest to be able to button it), but the sleeve length was good. I'm going to put an order in for the 38S.

Comment

This fit is so awkward I have half a mind to return it. You think I can fix the suppression to make it more natural, and the shoulders are completely off. I'm wondering if you guys see anything wrong cuz an olive green cotton suit is too good to pass up at 60 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post

This fit is so awkward I have half a mind to return it. You think I can fix the suppression to make it more natural, and the shoulders are completely off. I'm wondering if you guys see anything wrong cuz an olive green cotton suit is too good to pass up at 60 bucks
                Looks find in the arms. Otherwise it seems too tight in the chest and waist. Usually you are able to get an additional 1/2" out if you take it to a tailor.

Comment

Yeah waist definitely needs to be let out, and my chest is getting to big for my own good, the rest of my body's measurements correspond to a 40R.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                    Yeah waist definitely needs to be let out, and my chest is getting to big for my own good, the rest of my body's measurements correspond to a 40R.
                    I would take it back - you are bursting out of it in the front. If you sized up to a 42 do your shoulders still fit? Don't be ashamed of a solid physique!

Comment

Really!? I think the fit looks pretty spot on.

Comment

As someone with a similar problem, it really isn't. The lapels are bowing out, and you can see how the button is under strain in the first picture.

Though it may be because of the rest of the issue, but it looks to me like the shoulders are too large as well. But that could just be the proportions being thrown off.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                          As someone with a similar problem, it really isn't. The lapels are bowing out, and you can see how the button is under strain in the first picture.

Though it may be because of the rest of the issue, but it looks to me like the shoulders are too large as well. But that could just be the proportions being thrown off.
                          I think Duvel was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                            I think Duvel was being sarcastic.
                            This is usually a safe assumption.

Comment

No, I'm serious. Really, this looks like it fits. What am I missing? On the other hand, if it doesn't feel like it fits, then only you can decide, of course.

Comment

It looks ridiculous. I'm sorry, Jake. It looks as if you squeezed into a child's suit. The outfits that you've shared in WIWT and elsewhere fit far better.

Comment

Working...
                                X