Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants are too big. Especially in the waist and seat. Return and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      I like the cardigan and it can definitely be worn that way - a more casual, chunky sweater, but keep in mind that depending on what its made of, it will likely stretch out a bit. So if its questionably big now (and you seem to be doubting the fit), its not likely to become more fitted anytime soon.
      Thanks, Jamie - I think, unfortunately, you are right. The sweater was originally $140 (got it for $60) and that's just way too steep for a casual sweater that I only wear around the house or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        Pants are too big. Especially in the waist and seat. Return and try again.
        Got it. Too big.

Brent, should I exchange it for a size down in thicker fabric Bonobos chino, or just try a different brand entirely?

Comment

Originally posted by pull View Post
          Thanks, Jamie - I think, unfortunately, you are right. The sweater was originally $140 (got it for $60) and that's just way too steep for a casual sweater that I only wear around the house or something.
          pull, It's definitely not too expensive for a sweater of that style, assuming that it's 100% lambswool. $60 is a good price for a thick 100% lambswool cardigan.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
            pull, It's definitely not too expensive for a sweater of that style, assuming that it's 100% lambswool. $60 is a good price for a thick 100% lambswool cardigan.
            Good feedback. I do really like it, but it's 40% Wool, 30% Viscose, 30% Nylon. That, combined with the fit, means she's probably going back.

Comment

Just asking about this suit jacket fit. I think the trousers are ok. The color is off due to the low sunlight, but it is actually a normal charcoal color.

Comment

The shoulders look a little big, but overall I'd say it looks decent.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                  Got it. Too big.

Brent, should I exchange it for a size down in thicker fabric Bonobos chino, or just try a different brand entirely?
                  Id say give bonobos another shot free shipping and returns. Size down and see how it is. Also feel free to contact a bonobo fit ninja. Email them your measurements and they can help out. Quick turn around too!

Comment

I already returned the bonobos pants. Maybe I will keep an eye out for another sale, and try out one of their other models in a size down. I would like something in thicker fabric than the Thursdays, but I don't like some of the patterns they put on the back pockets linings. I will look for something unobtrusive.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                      The shoulders look a little big, but overall I'd say it looks decent.
                      I was trying to go for a look similar to this:

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                        I already returned the bonobos pants. Maybe I will keep an eye out for another sale, and try out one of their other models in a size down. I would like something in thicker fabric than the Thursdays, but I don't like some of the patterns they put on the back pockets linings. I will look for something unobtrusive.
                        I love the alphas for a thick casual chino but do live in a more casual area. The only pant I have from bonobos are the Oxleys oxford cloth pant. The run wide in the waist.

Comment

Just got this sportcoat tailored and wanted some opinions. I feel like its great except there is a bit of bunching around the button/sides area that kind of bums me out. it's a wool/cashmere/silk coat, so i wanted it too look awesome, right now I'm kind of meh and down some significant dough.

http://s30.postimg.org/uz88zg1mp/IMAG0078.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/6cce1vrr5/IMAG0080.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/kbw2b1zxz/IMAG0083.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Binarythird View Post
                            Just got this sportcoat tailored and wanted some opinions. I feel like its great except there is a bit of bunching around the button/sides area that kind of bums me out. it's a wool/cashmere/silk coat, so i wanted it too look awesome, right now I'm kind of meh and down some significant dough.
                            I'm going to be frank: that looks terrible. It's not the bunching, it's the lapels. The notches are incredibly low which makes it look outdated and misshapen. Out of curiosity, what brand is it?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                              I'm going to be frank: that looks terrible. It's not the bunching, it's the lapels. The notches are incredibly low which makes it look outdated and misshapen. Out of curiosity, what brand is it?
                              The shoulders/padding also look huge. Sleeves may be too short as well. I'd scrap that project and move on to a new jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                It says "designed by Steven Craig" on it lol, I found it in my dad's closet. I thought it looked cool so I went to the tailor and spent $60 on it, yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X