Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking it over, and the shortness of the jacket kept bothering me. I think it was extra short because it is part of the Red Fleece line. Not worth keeping it. I liked everything else about it except the length.
    I sent it back today, will lose money on tax and return shipping. Oh well, I took a shot and missed.

Comment

Hi.
      I have zero experience with jackets (even suits), and decided to start with an inexpensive jacket form Uniqlo as a beater.
      Please criticize the fit of two jackets in sizes S/M (olive - S, blue - M). [I'm 6', 150 lbs...]

http://i.imgur.com/0EtszMB.jpg

S is not tight anywhere, but worried if shoulders look a bit short.
      I guess M is better body and sleeve lengths wise, but it feels quite roomy.
      Last edited by hombreingwar; December 15, 2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

The olive S is too small in the jacket length and sleeves. The navy M looks good. If it feels too roomy, you should have it altered by a tailor. But it doesn't look bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
          The olive S is too small in the jacket length and sleeves. The navy M looks good. If it feels too roomy, you should have it altered by a tailor. But it doesn't look bad right now.
          Thank you for the input. I believe only two inches can be tailored of the sides, it looks like "blue" one may require more to be tailored.

I was worried that I wore a shirt which has long sleeves, makes jacket's sleeve look shorter, I tried another shirt and for that one "blue" jacket hides shirt sleeves completely...

I tried J.Crew, BR sportcoats recently and all of them seem to make rather short jackets for 38 size.

Comment

What do you guys think about this? It's the stafford brown herringbone.

Comment

Looks great, except maybe the sleeves. Is your right arm longer than your left? Might want to get an opinion from a tailor about whether the sleeves need adjustment.
              Shoulders, waist, and jacket length look fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                Looks great, except maybe the sleeves. Is your right arm longer than your left? Might want to get an opinion from a tailor about whether the sleeves need adjustment.
                Shoulders, waist, and jacket length look fine to me.
                Thanks! I think I was just standing weird. The sleeves on the shirt are also a little too long.

Comment

How does this suit fit?

I've been looking for a cheaper first suit for a while(wear one maybe 2 times a year). I was browsing a Jcrew Factory store yesterday to kill time and some how found a navy suit and they had one pair of pants in a 30/30 that fit me(Felt like a miracle, need to get them slim'd down though). I got it for $153 with discounts. How does this fit? Its a 38S and the body of the jacket seems on the short side but they didnt have a 38R. Also I see an issue with my left should and I have that with virtually every jacket I've tried on in my search for a suit. If I keep it what I should I get done?

Comment

Fit is great. Not too short for my tastes.

Comment

Agree that it doesn't look too short. For a suit that will be worn twice a year I wouldn't worry about that shoulder thing. Looks like you are a pretty great OTR fit for that jacket.

I just got a BR blazer delivered today that I think might be a touch too long. Will probably post in here again tonight once I get home to get a second opinion besides my girlfriend who says everything looks good.

Comment

Here is the BR blazer I mentioned in my last post. I really like the fit. Not sure on the length though. Is it too long? I am definitely not a cropped blazer guy but maybe I am just not used to jackets being the proper length because I am a little bit taller than most. Size is a 40L. Don't mind my dog. I had just given her a treat and she thought I had more.

Comment

Actually seems to look pretty perfect. Maybe a bit of waist suppression. Sleeves look like they need to be shortened a teeny bit (in the pic from the back)

Comment

Jonothon - IMO, jacket is getting right on the borderline of being too short. it might be the angle of the camera.
                            zcm- fit looks good, definitely not too long.

Comment

ZCM - it's def not long. If anything, I'd say its about an inch shorter than ideal. The sleeves look fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                                Here is the BR blazer I mentioned in my last post. I really like the fit. Not sure on the length though. Is it too long? I am definitely not a cropped blazer guy but maybe I am just not used to jackets being the proper length because I am a little bit taller than most. Size is a 40L. Don't mind my dog. I had just given her a treat and she thought I had more.

Fit looks spot on to me. Most BR blazers are cut a bit shorter (not H&M short), but that looks like a good traditional length. The long size works well for your height.

Comment

Working...
                                X