Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wearing clarks and boat shoes so i've never noticed, but i think i screwed up the length on my new pants

Old BB Chinos in 32/32 (thought they were too long, so did many others
    http://i.imgur.com/94xa5IK.jpg

New Bonobos Slim Straight 31/30
    http://i.imgur.com/5Oi11pu.jpg

Do I return or not? I kinda like the slightly short look but maybe it's just me attempting to justify not returning 6 pairs of pants.

There's also the fact that my footwear lineup consists of Bean Boots, Wolverines, Clarks, Docksides, and 2 pairs of AE's that I wear minimally.

Comment

The 30s look about right to me. One thought: what about 32x30? This might give you slightly more length but not as much as the 32x32.

Comment

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2394/r8ga.jpg

Picked up a j. crew shawl sweater! What do ya'll think?

Comment

New here, can you guys give me your opinion on this Harris Tweed from JCP... It's a 40, the smallest size they make. I bought the plaid one too, got them during Black Friday for $100 or so. I've always been into slim fitting clothes, but I'm starting to appreciate the trad style.

Comment

Ubry, the fit looks spot on. Probably the best you will get in that particular model.

I couldn't tell if the vents were still sewn shut. If so, cut the threads and make sure the vents don't flare open.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I didn't cut the tags incase I had to return it, but I will do that. I also got the Stafford black watch sportcoat and gray Claiborne blazer. I'll try to post pictures later to confirm they fit. I'm just trying to pinpoint my size. The suit I have from years ago is a 42R and I tried it on and seemed big. Maybe 40R will work best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Kaufman View Post
                http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2394/r8ga.jpg

Picked up a j. crew shawl sweater! What do ya'll think?
                Shawl is dope.
                Wear in good health.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubryaj View Post
                  New here, can you guys give me your opinion on this Harris Tweed from JCP... It's a 40, the smallest size they make. I bought the plaid one too, got them during Black Friday for $100 or so. I've always been into slim fitting clothes, but I'm starting to appreciate the trad style.

Tweed is the bozz.
                  Wear in good health dude.

Comment

Hey guys, picked up a $99 Jos.A.Bank merino peacoat from the holiday sales, was wondering what you guys think about the fit? I feel like the shoulder is a tad large (or more), and sleeve a bit long (hopefully could be tailored), otherwise the body fits surprisingly fair. I am 5'6, 150lbs, and this is a size small. Appreciate all inputs!

Last edited by Jack Lin; December 9, 2013, 10:33 PM. Reason: edit photo size

Comment

Seems unusually long for a peacoat, no?
                      Lotta room tween yo dangling hand and the rest of the coat.
                      Or is it the picture angles.

Comment

Jack, go with your instincts. Shoulders are definitely too large. Sleeves are slightly long, and could probably be tailored. But because of the shoulders, I would return it if possible.

Comment

Thanks guys, points well made, didn't even notice the length issue. Back to the store they go!

Comment

Judging by the pix, and by your info, you need an xxs in that brand. I'm guessing in just about whatever you try you won't want to go more than an XS.

Comment

My first "How does this fit" posting. Got this new Brooks Brothers navy blazer on sale for $148.80. It is a boys size 20. I am 5'7'' and 130 lbs This size was recommended for boys under 67.5'' and 135-140 lbs. The shoulders seems to fit ok, but it is loose in the waist. The sleeves should be shortened, and the waist will need to be pulled in. I am just concerned about the length. Is it too short looking?

I was planning on using it as a casual/ beat up blazer, and for travel. Fabric is Loro Piana wool super 120's and it feels nice. Jacket is fully lined Bemberg, but it also lightweight. Made in Mexico. It is labeled "Red Fleece".

Returns will not be a problem. Should I keep it, or send it back?

Comment

It's def on the shorter side but not Thom Browne short, an extra inch would be preferable. I think once the sleeves are tailored to the proper length (and waist trimmed) it will help to balance it visually. Overall I think it will work as a beater, casual option.

Comment

Working...
                                X