Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much LCDR! Just what I needed to hear!

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    Dave Porter, I can't say about the armholes or how constricting it feels, but considering just the shoulders appearance, I like the Claiborne suits better than the Bar. The Claiborne shoulder has a better shape and looks more natural. There was some dimpling on the right shoulder on the Bar, which I don't think can be fixed by sizing up. I think all the suits are the correct size in respect to the shoulders.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Ordered the LE travelers blazer last week (40R) while it was on sale. I'm 5'-11", 165 lbs - not sure if I would've fit into the 38. I've never had a blazer before and am unsure of how it should fit. I feel like it fits well in the shoulders, but seems kind of large around the waste. Any thoughts?

http://imgur.com/vgl2WaQ

Comment

I like how the fit looks now in the shoulders and waist. I would shorten the sleeves just a touch so it shows a sliver of shirt cuff.

Comment

I just received the Suitsupply Italia Jacket in Blue Herringbone:

Close up of the herringbone fabric, for comparison its photographed on top of a dark navy overcoat:

This is a 40S. I'm typically either a 40R or 40S in jackets, and since Suitsupply is a European brand (typically run a bit longer) and has functioning button cuffs, I thought it wise to stick to 40S. Its appears to be a bit cropped, but I don't think its too short. Any thoughts/opinions on fit?

Comment

Thoughts on two jackets. Obviously Jacket A is more cropped than B. Which looks better? Jacket A hasn't been tailored yet (one pic shows me using a chip-clip to pull some fabric back for a 'tailored' fit/also because I felt like the poor fit in the body was making it hard to objectively assess the shoulders). Colors have been adjusted to help you see the outline of the jacket better, may not reflect true colors.

Jacket A (w/ chip clip):

without clip (true fit/may give better look at shoulders):
            http://imageshack.us/a/img10/6605/ua4r.jpg
            http://imageshack.us/a/img20/1336/lw5u.jpg

Jacket B:

Ignore the random line across the image, accidentally penned across it in MS Paint and didn't notice til just now.

Measurements:
            A has 18" shoulders that feel like they rest a little higher and almost seem like linebacker shoulderpads, but I think I may not be used to this style (they have a curved slope). This jacket hasn't been tailored yet and would need work in both the chest and waist. I clipped

B is more traditional in it's length and shoulders. Shoulders are also 18" and the waist has been taken in on these.

Notes:
            I paid less than $100 for both. I have a BB 38R Fitzgerald 1/2 lined jacket in what I think is a hopsack weave for summer that's my by far my favorite (wish it had patch pockets), so I'm really looking at a second jacket here. I really would rather not keep all 3... though I could. They're sorta redundant.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
              Thoughts on two jackets.
              I think B looks the best, mainly for the longer length. A looks really short. The tailoring on B looks spot on, too.

Comment

Jamie, I really like the color and pattern. The length looks spot on and it seems to fit in the chest. Shoulders look like they may be a tad large?

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  Thoughts on two jackets. Obviously Jacket A is more cropped than B. Which looks better?
                  I might be influenced by the tailoring, but I'd say Jacket B is nicer. I think it also has to do with the length being more appropriate. When I look at the two side by side, I gravitate towards B.

Comment

Jamie, I agree with LosRockets.

LosRockets, Jacket B fit looks much better. Jacket A is too short and looks out of proportion. Also maybe some collar gap in the back on Jacket A?

Comment

Well, not sure how long it has been since I've asked something in this thread. I did not want to create a new thread for this, but was looking for Dappered brain-trust opinion on breaking this suit up and wearing the jacket separately. The fabric is on the rougher side, blue (less grey then in the pics), patch pockets. I am deciding on the utility of it as I would have to tailor the sleeves (obviously hem the pants as well).

Grazi.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                        Well, not sure how long it has been since I've asked something in this thread. I did not want to create a new thread for this, but was looking for Dappered brain-trust opinion on breaking this suit up and wearing the jacket separately. The fabric is on the rougher side, blue (less grey then in the pics), patch pockets. I am deciding on the utility of it as I would have to tailor the sleeves (obviously hem the pants as well).

Grazi.
                        From the look of it in the photo, I don't think I would hesitate to break that suit up. With patch pockets and that somewhat rough texture, the jacket should work fine as a sports coat.

Comment

My thought as well, but thought I'd check. Thanks, Shomas. Suit Supply outlet steal
                          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Agree with Shomas, looks doable. The sleeves look like they're pretty short - you sure there's enough fabric to let out? Which style is that anyway?

Comment

I was wondering when the legion of Suit Supply outlet garments would start showing up in pictures. I think the fit looks quite good, though you look like you'll need 3/4"-1" lengthened on the sleeves.

The patch pockets seem really big to me (both in the picture and in person). Am I crazy?

I was just in NY this weekend and found that basically every 38L, regardless of model fits me equally well off the rack (except for the Napoli where the shoulders are too wide). THe next time they dump some models into the outlet, I might just bite.

Comment

Suitsupply Casablanca blazer/travel jacket, picked up at the SS outlet sale.
                                It's a thicker, stiffer fabric than I'd expected -- it feels a bit like a fine-woven version of a medium-weight field jacket.

The fabric seems overly stiff for good drape in the bottom half (it's a rolled 2.5-button jacket, so below the middle button), as it seems the bottom front is pushed away from my body by the shaping of the sides and back. I'm wondering if this is a fundamental fit problem (i.e. return) or if the fabric will soften and properly drape after a bit of wear (i.e. keep it and break it in).

http://imgur.com/a/e49km

For sizing ref., it's a 38R, and my Bonobos Fairfax blazer in 38R fits well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
                                Last edited by JackH; November 23, 2013, 11:27 AM. Reason: Attempted & failed inline image insert

Comment

Working...
                                X