Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this rollneck sweater from BR, but I'm not quite sure about it. I like the idea of a rollneck, especially under a tailored jacket, but something about this one seems a little off, though that could be because I've never worn a rollneck.

Comment

bjm, I wore turtlenecks back in the early 2000's, but they've fallen out of style. If you like the look, rock it. That one's a bit too large, but it's not noticeable under the jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        That one's a bit too large, but it's not noticeable under the jacket.
        That's what I was thinking. BR's sizing is getting ridiculous, or I'm shrinking. This is an XS. I'm going to have to start buying boys size clothing.

Comment

Is that dark black or slightly darker black?

Comment

bjm, Banana Republic's sweaters fit large based on my experience with their v-neck merino sweaters. I received one as a gift in a medium and it was very large on me (40R chest).

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
              Is that dark black or slightly darker black?
              Ha, it's dark charcoal.

Comment

Originally posted this in Recent Purchases, but I figure that it is more appropriate in this thread based on what I am asking.

Finally posting some pics of the Stafford Super 100s slim-fit suit I purchased two weekends ago. It is going to need some tailoring. From my first impressions I am thinking the waist, and the pants hemmed. As far as the suit itself, I like it. The material feels very soft and breathable (not like a $115 suit). The navy color looks good in person, not that super dark navy that it is next to black or the really light navy. All in all for $115 I think it could definitely see some action. Thoughts from you guys? What do you think about the fit or just the suit in general? Anyone else come across this in store since my last post on it? Also just a quick side note: the pants came with a heavy crease down the legs which made me think that it had a permanent crease (not show on the website) but it ironed out. No problem.

http://i.imgur.com/pZOviDB.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/n849GPv.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/089k2vv.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/RcyjU5e.jpg?2

Here is the link to the suit on jcp's site: http://www.jcpenney.com/men/suits-sp...bCatId=&regId= Seems like it is back up to full price right now, but I would guess it would go back on sale soon. Like I said in the Recent Purchase thread, I purchased it during a doorbuster at a local jcp, and I had a 20% off coupon.

Comment

@zcm. Looks good to me. Especially for the price.
                  42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    bjm, I wore turtlenecks back in the early 2000's, but they've fallen out of style. If you like the look, rock it. That one's a bit too large, but it's not noticeable under the jacket.
                    Fallen out of style? A lot of things fall out of style that remain classics. Turtlenecks/rollnecks are classic. That said, the BR looks a little too dressy for my tastes but I think it's okay fit-wise.

Comment

zcm, good for the price, but I'd get a little tailoring done, I think. Needs a bit of side tucking, maybe the sleeves shortened a tad, and maybe the pants hemmed up just a bit.

Comment

Can someone please offer advice on the pics of the jackets I posted two days ago? Having trouble with fit in shoulders/armholes.
                        42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Dave Porter, I can't say about the armholes or how constricting it feels, but considering just the shoulders appearance, I like the Claiborne suits better than the Bar. The Claiborne shoulder has a better shape and looks more natural. There was some dimpling on the right shoulder on the Bar, which I don't think can be fixed by sizing up. I think all the suits are the correct size in respect to the shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
                            Can someone please offer advice on the pics of the jackets I posted two days ago? Having trouble with fit in shoulders/armholes.
                            If you don't love the way they feel now, and feel that you're having trouble with them, then they either need to be tailored or returned. One of the simple "love it or leave it" rules.

Comment

Hey everyone,

First time posting here. So I got my trial shirt from Natty yesterday, and tried it on. The fit was.... a little awkward. How does it look to the rest of you?

http://imgur.com/a/cyUg6#0

My major points are:
                              -Weird flare at the bottom
                              -Shoulders too wide (and seems to be a little too much extra material on top, though can be a little tight in the front armpit)
                              -Bicep could be a tiny bit smaller (or maybe just the elbow), maybe wrist too
                              -A LOT of material in the back (very obvious when looking from back and side). Why does this happen/how can I tell them to fix it? I noticed that the back pleats don't seem to be symmetrical. It becomes even more obvious when the shirt is tucked in...

Any comments about length? Or other things?

Let me know if you need any more pictures. This is my first step to dressing better, so ANY sort of advice (or even HOW to tell Natty what's wrong) would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

World, I am not familiar with Natty, but I agree the shoulders are too wide and it appears slightly baggy in the shoulders and arms. Sleeve length also appears slightly too long.

The chest and midsection look good from the from view though, and the collar seems to be the right size.

Assuming you will be wearing this tucked in, (I would not wear this untucked), the length seems fine, and the weird flare at the bottom will be hidden by tucking in.

Overall, the extra material in the shoulders and upper back throws everything off, and I think you could do better with a different shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X