Sunday Challenge - 11/15/15 - Bond, James Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Spectre finally out, it's all over the web, especially Bond fashion.

Simple, give us your best Bond inspired outfit. Could be from any of the Bonds, from Dr. No to Spectre....casual, dinner wear, action wear, you decide. Good luck Mr. Bond.

The usual details:

•Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins then or Monday morning
    •Winner declared on Tuesday/Wednesday
    •Winner is responsible for next week's theme
    theskillets
    33.33%
    Shomas
    0.00%
    JDI
    52.38%
    andrewlcraft
    14.29%
    Last edited by JDI; November 10, 2015, 11:28 PM.

I've never been a big fan of Bond. Based on a quick google image search, it looks like has historically mostly worn tuxedos. Is that true?
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
      I've never been a big fan of Bond. Based on a quick google image search, it looks like has historically mostly worn tuxedos. Is that true?
      Nearly all, if not all, of the Bond films do include scenes where Bond is in a tux, but he doesn't typically wear tuxes all the time (that'd be silly). He wears a variety of outfits from tactical to suits to tuxes depending on what he's planning on doing at the time, although he inevitably finds himself doing action-related stuff in non-tactical gear.

Comment

Prolly gonna bust out something like dis

Ben

Comment

I predict the entry that consists of nothing but a swimsuit.

Comment

Oh man! I had to wear a tuxedo for a work thing last weekend but got no photos.

I wore a black shawl collar jacket, the rest is pretty standard. I looked like everyone else although my tuxedo was nicely tailored and I had a real bow tie.

Comment

I'll kick this one off. This is Sean Connery's classic look in "From Russia With Love." Charcoal Grey suit with a navy grenadine tie. His look in the early Bond films is never out of style (unlike Roger Moore's above.)

Suit: SuitSupply
              Shirt: SuitSupply
              Tie: Chipp2
              Watch: Timex
              Shoes: Allen Edmonds
              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Take a look at this "Memorable Style Moments" list for some ideas and call out which you're shooting for

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fa...style-moments/

Comment

I'll be wearing the short short trunks for my entry.

Comment

I'm going to confess here that I've never seen a whole Bond movie. Well, actually, I recall going to the movies with some neighbor kids when I was 7? 8? - anyway we snuck into Octopussy (because how could we not with a name like that, right?) and I think we might have watched all of it, but for the life of me I don't remember it. Other than that...nothing. Nevertheless, I'm submitting this because...suck it, Trebek:

Suit: J. Press
                    Shirt: Ratio
                    Shoes: Alden
                    Tie: Drake's
                    Pocket square: The Tie Bar
                    Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                    Watch: Invicta/Crown & Buckle strap

My organizing principle here is that, as I understand it, Bond likes to dress sharp - I think I've done that. And that's pretty much the whole thing. I recognize that this is probably WAY more American than 007 would wear, but I'm just imagining an American Bond. So there. Or something.

Edit: forgot the watch
                    Last edited by Shomas; November 13, 2015, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      I'm going to confess here that I've never seen a whole Bond movie. Well, actually, I recall going to the movies with some neighbor kids when I was 7? 8? - anyway we snuck into Octopussy (because how could we not with a name like that, right?) and I think we might have watched all of it, but for the life of me I don't remember it. Other than that...nothing. Nevertheless, I'm submitting this because...suck it, Trebek:

My organizing principle here is that, as I understand it, Bond likes to dress sharp - I think I've done that. And that's pretty much the whole thing. I recognize that this is probably WAY more American than 007 would wear, but I'm just imagining an American Bond. So there. Or something.

Shomas, james Shomas.........you steal my watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post

Watch: Invicta/Crown & Buckle strap

Edit: forgot the watch
                        [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - for not seeing a whole Bond movie you nailed the watch. The NATO strap is classic Bond from the early movies. Nice!
                        Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                          [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - for not seeing a whole Bond movie you nailed the watch. The NATO strap is classic Bond from the early movies. Nice!
                          Thanks-but that's no accident. As a style - conscious man, some of the Bond style stuff filters down. I definitely picked that watch strap out intentionally.

Comment

Bond in Shanghai (Skyfall)....dinner at friends last night.

Peacoat - BR
                            Shirt - Calvin Klein
                            Tie - The Tie Bar
                            Pants - Dockers Signature Slim
                            Belt - BR
                            Boots - Stafford Gunners
                            Watch - Seamaster
                            Last edited by JDI; November 15, 2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

S&W?

Comment

Working...
                              X