Hmmm...are these pants too "flarey?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...are these pants too "flarey?"

I accidentally picked up a boot cut version of some chinos instead of the straight fit. Is the flare too much compared to my straight leg version? The White Chino is the accidental boot cut version and the gray is the straight leg cut. Keep or just exchange ofr a straight leg cut?

I would say just exchange the white chino. I feel that the gray looks far better. Also, if you plan on wearing them to work, the boot cut doesn't really look professional.

Comment

I think they both look nice, but there's definitely a difference between the white and gray. They grays feel crisper if that makes sense. But I think you could wear the white for a different reason.

Comment

Definitely exchange the boot cut for the straight cut. The excess material in the calf area is not a good look. The other pair looks perfect on you, you don't even need to hem the length.

Comment

If you can exchange it, I'd do it.

Comment

Return the first one - it's beyond salvation.

I prefer little to no break on casual summer pants. So I would recommend hemming the second pair or cuffing, if the material allows you too without looking like you have a donut on your ankle.

Comment

IMO - that's not much of a break on the second pair. I think you're at the medium break point and doing fine.

Comment

Second pair looks perfect to me. I agree with most everyone else that I'd return the first.

Comment

The first pair looks fine from the side but the random bulging at the ankles isn't doing you any favors. I agree with the rest, return or exchange 'em.

Ben

Comment

This issue shouldn't even be possible. Bootcut jeans I can understand. Bootcut chinos, no way.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the bootcut Bonobos, and have always ordered straight leg. This confirms my preference. The grey looks nice!

Comment

@hornsup84: Yeap they are bonobos. They are out of my sizes for the Straight leg version but they told me to just call back when their are more in stock. Their return policy and customer service is one of, if not THE best in the industry!

Comment

Working...
                        X