SPECTRE sweater-jacket for less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPECTRE sweater-jacket for less

Joe posted a couple options for the sweater-jacket Bond wears in SPECTRE, but I think this cheap one from Macy's is actually closer, if anyone is interested.

The pic of the black version has the model in a weird pose that makes the jacket look ill-proportioned, but the pic of the charcoal version looks pretty good.

Great find. The closest I have found previous is this from Sierra Trading Post: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/sup...r-men~p~8980w/ but it's sold out in medium. This Macy's one might be closer to screen accurate, I believe the Tom Ford one is charcoal on the knit portion. I might take a shot at this one, looks really good especially at that price.

Comment

Found this one, too, courtesy of GQ, for $60 from H&M.

Funny thing is, I'm not even looking to buy one, but just keep stumbling across them.

Comment

These "mixed media" jackets were huge a couple years ago. TBH I think they are pretty ugly... and as a cold weather outdoorsmen, I know they are not terribly useful. A big dud for me in terms of 007's style repertoire.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          These "mixed media" jackets were huge a couple years ago. TBH I think they are pretty ugly... and as a cold weather outdoorsmen, I know they are not terribly useful. A big dud for me in terms of 007's style repertoire.
          Agreed. Just because Bond wore it (and likely looks great in it) does not mean it is stylish or a good look. It won't turn you into Daniel Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I'm not really a fan of the look, either, but it seems to me that having strategically placed panels of something more durable than the regular sweater knit could actually be functional, like this "commando sweater" (*rolls eyes at name*) from LL Bean. On the other hand, it sounds like your experience agrees with my intuition that a few panels of nylon won't suddenly make a sweater warm enough so serve as outerwear in snowy weather.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
              I'm not really a fan of the look, either, but it seems to me that having strategically placed panels of something more durable than the regular sweater knit could actually be functional, like this "commando sweater" (*rolls eyes at name*) from LL Bean. On the other hand, it sounds like your experience agrees with my intuition that a few panels of nylon won't suddenly make a sweater warm enough so serve as outerwear in snowy weather.
              Commando sweaters do have a history as being actual military gear, but aren't really outerwear in terms of being a 'jacket'.

Overall, I think the mixed material look is neat, but something I don't really feel the need to try out. I think it fits more into an urban streetwear style that isn't mine, and I don't think the trend will last -- so I'd suggest grabbing one of these cheaper options than investing on this one (vs. potentially getting the 'Bond' Billy Reid peacoat that'll be IMO classic for a long time).

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                Commando sweaters do have a history as being actual military gear, but aren't really outerwear in terms of being a 'jacket'.
                Well that was easily confirmed via the Google, and I probably should've checked before mocking. Eyes officially unrolled.

Comment

Working...
                X