Ebay Suit - Lapels seem off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Suit - Lapels seem off

I finally got my J Crew Aldridge Suit today and overall everything seems to fine except for one problem. It seems as though the lapels weren't properly pressed on the suit as they don't start their fold until far too high. On my normal Aldridge suit the lapel starts from roughly the top button going up. On this suit however, the lapels don't start until almost 2-3 inches above the top button.

Is this just something that will be resolved by a visit to the drycleaners for a fresh pressing (The jacket is wrinkled to hell anyway) or an actual defect. I don't think it's a defect as there aren't technically any constructed pieces that form the lapel, unless I'm wrong..

Ask the tailor / drycleaner

Comment

The cause of that may have been a weird pressing job in the past.

Comment

Yea I'm going to swing by my tailor this evening and see what he says.

Comment

Is it a hard crease or a soft roll? I wouldn't worry about it if it's a soft roll. As you wear the jacket and use the button, the lapel will adjust itself over time. And you definitely don't want to "fix" it by turning it into a hard crease.

Comment

Just as an FYI, dry cleaners don't technically "press" jackets, they put it on a machine that steams it from the inside out. Bad cleaners might actually press your lapels down, good ones will preserve the soft roll.

Comment

Word from the tailor is send it back. Even if you press it, the lapels have a memory and it appears this particular item may have come out of the factory the way it is so to speak. Oh well, was worth a shot.

Comment

nike air max 90 There is no doubt that this is the most unique nike one single product. basketball has gone the grudge and also a bigger map of sports activities has occur into landscape! i.e,skim departure. air max 95 he shoe classed was mainly well-informed to throng Nike Air Max ninety five White Orange apotheosis of the basketball admirers!Accession nike sb dunks guys by means of the ages.

Comment

Working...
                X