Sebago boot: Goodyear welt, Vibram sole, speed hooks, pebble grain $129.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebago boot: Goodyear welt, Vibram sole, speed hooks, pebble grain $129.00

You think this would be a good casual boot? Anyone have any experience with Sebago as far as quality?

I have a pair of Sebago docksiders and they are decent quality. I'm not sure about something like that boot, I would have to see and hold it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
      I have a pair of Sebago docksiders and they are decent quality. I'm not sure about something like that boot, I would have to see and hold it in person.
      the construction methods sure would suggest it's nice. The vibram lug sole and the goodyear welt are both good signs that often suggest quality.

Comment

I would pass, personally. The boot looks like it was made on a nice, sleek last - but it is horribly offset by that huge, chunky commando sole. To me those two things don't go together. The other issue is the leather looks awfully shiny - leading me to think it might be corrected grain (which, most often pebble-grained leather is). Granted, as Joe has pointed out, photographing shoes can be a bit tricky...
        Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
          I would pass, personally. The boot looks like it was made on a nice, sleek last - but it is horribly offset by that huge, chunky commando sole. To me those two things don't go together. The other issue is the leather looks awfully shiny - leading me to think it might be corrected grain (which, most often pebble-grained leather is). Granted, as Joe has pointed out, photographing shoes can be a bit tricky...
          I don't know, I think it's kind of cool--like an AE First Avenue with a burly sole. I just ordered a pair because I'm in the market for new casual shoes and returns are free, so why not? If I remember, I'll report back when they arrive.

As for the shiny leather, I wouldn't read too much into that. I just sent back a pair of AE Macneils I picked up during the sale (because they turned out to be super ugly in real life), and the leather on those was at least as shiny as the leather in the Sebago pictures. But it was definitely full grain.

Comment

https://youtu.be/Al_bSaqrkyg

Comment

I have a pair of the Horween Docksiders which are absolutely excellent and crush your normal Sperry in terms of quality. I also got a pair of the Breton casual wingtips which I wore for a bit and felt really high quality, but I eventually decided the shape wasn't for me. Really like Sebago based on those experiences though.

Comment

Working...
              X