Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nicholas

I picked up a nice Banana Republic black leather jacket (and a few other bits & pieces) at Crossroads Trading at the Mission (Castro) end of Market Street when I was in town a couple of years ago

http://crossroadstrading.com/

Seemed like some pretty good deals available, but I had already bought enough to more than fill my brand new second suitcase by the time I got to SF, after nearly 5 weeks in the USA, so was at least as concerned with getting it all packed for the trip back to Oz as I was with acquiring more!

They are also a possible venue to get rid of old clothes if there were any that made the long trek with you that you don't need, although I have read previous reports complaining about the low prices paid.

Comment

I did a search for thrift stores and that one came up. I'll have to visit. HAVE to visit. =D

Comment

Hope you're enjoying SF. It's definitely an interesting city. I live down on the peninsula (when I'm not at school). If you need any recommendations for things to do in the general Bay Area, just let me know.

Comment

Dropped off a blazer at C&W today. A jaw-dropping $38 to lengthen the sleeves on it! Non-functional cuffs, but she'll move the buttons down too. That would be $15 where I'm used to going. Well, this will be a "cheap" test before sending a suit over there.

Comment

Working...
          X