Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have free linen or silk pocket squares to give away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have free linen or silk pocket squares to give away?

I'm looking primarily for white, with a different colored lining.

I'll also take plain white.

Go to the thrift store. I see them there every time for $0.99

Comment

Dude, seriously? Next time you ask people to give you things for free, you could at least offer to pay for the shipping....

Ben

Comment

I assumed that my payment of shipping required and did not warrant discussion. Really that simple.

@JC: I had no idea they had a darn section for pocket squares. I'll check it out.

Comment

Awkward Penguin finds this discussion intriguing.

Comment

It's not even whacked-out Wednesday, and we're getting requests for free pocket squares!

Comment

Curious minds might inquire as to how one pays for a well fitting jacket to place the pocket square in...

Comment

you'll "also take plain white"?

get out of here dude

Comment

Ouch, I should request that this get sticky'd so new members don't make the same mistake I did.

Maybe I should reiterate? I assumed I would be paying for shipping. Hence, not really "free". 'Sides, I welcome any offers for pocket squares people may want to get rid of.

Comment

I'm not really sure if it's the shipping that irks people. I think most folks assume that asking for free things is a no-no. It didn't help that you came off kinda entitled and arrogant.

My question: why don't you just buy one? Seems like a silly thing to ask for. They are literally the most inexpensive thing in a man's wardrobe. If you are willing to pay for shipping then you should be willing to pay for the few extra dollars to just buy one. If you are extra crafty you can just make your own for almost no cost.

Comment

I apologize for giving off that impression. My humblest apologies.

Comment

Target sells a six pack of white cotton handkerchiefs for like $10 (maybe less), if you have a store near by I'd try those. They're pretty big for use as pocket squares, so I ended up cutting one in half to get it to fit without stressing the pocket seams. Should be fine as long as you never have to take it out of the pocket

Comment

@forbritisheyesonly - My suggestion would be to contribute your thoughts to others on the forum from time to time. Every single post of yours is a question for what you should do for yourself, and many times it's very specific so that answering it won't help others - it just answers the question. Open ended questions like "What kind of scarves can you wear in the spring?" or "Does tan work well with a black watch tartan fabric?" etc, etc, etc >> they serve to open up a discussion.

Just asking if you should get this eBay auction or that is fine, but it should be a part of a larger engagement with the forum as you pitch in what you know or offer feedback when others are asking.

Your BB suit thread was very specific, and people like Chareth offered a ton of good feedback. Now it's time to flip it back around and offer to give away free pocket squares to the first 50 commenters! lol

Comment

old shirts + cheap sewing kit + this tutorial = nearly free pocket squares. Certainly cheaper than shipping.

Comment

@nick: YOu're right, I've been selfish. I'll work on contributing to the community.

Comment

Working...
                              X