Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with Spier and Mackay Sportcoats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
    Longs too, by any chance?
    Of course.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Shorts are in transit. Should be available by end of October.
    Longs too, by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
    Perfect! Would you still be doing the core Navy, Medium Grey and Charcoal in Short Full Canvas or would there be greater options? I'm looking for a Navy (Blue Sharkskin preferably) / Medium grey in the near term. I just want to balance what I should buy now versus what can potentially wait until the full canvas option is available.
    The Full Canvas we are going to tread lightly on the rollout, so some core colours to start, then once we get traction with the program, we'll roll out more options.

Leave a comment:

• AimlessWanderer
    replied
    Shorts are in transit. Should be available by end of October. Full Canvas, I would like to get the shorts running in those as well. I'm meeting with the factory Mid October to see if I can get that done without committing to huge numbers.
    Perfect! Would you still be doing the core Navy, Medium Grey and Charcoal in Short Full Canvas or would there be greater options? I'm looking for a Navy (Blue Sharkskin preferably) / Medium grey in the near term. I just want to balance what I should buy now versus what can potentially wait until the full canvas option is available.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
    Rick, when will the Shorts be available online to order? From all I've been reading, I'm eager to try your product! Additionally, will Shorts be available with the Full Canvas option when those are released early next year?
    Shorts are in transit. Should be available by end of October. Full Canvas, I would like to get the shorts running in those as well. I'm meeting with the factory Mid October to see if I can get that done without committing to huge numbers.

Leave a comment:

• AimlessWanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by joekloo View Post
    Rick, I think you said there was plans for releasing Short sizes this fall. Any updates?
    Tall as well. Going to start in Core Navy, Medium Gray and Charcoal.
    Rick, when will the Shorts be available online to order? From all I've been reading, I'm eager to try your product! Additionally, will Shorts be available with the Full Canvas option when those are released early next year?

Leave a comment:

• Nleaders
    replied
    Only one reference photo, but neither of these are modified and are 38R. Obviously a little waist suppression is needed on the S&M (the Suitsupply fits perfectly), but the shoulders and chest are really nice.

My outfit today was with the Suitsupply, so it doesn't really work with the S&M. Oh well, it's at least a snapshot of the fit.

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by TKNumber3 View Post
    Any tall sizes or just short to start?
    Tall as well. Going to start in Core Navy, Medium Gray and Charcoal.

Leave a comment:

• TKNumber3
    replied
    Any tall sizes or just short to start?

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by joekloo View Post
    Rick, I think you said there was plans for releasing Short sizes this fall. Any updates?
    They are shipping out from the factory on Friday. Should be here in about a month.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by nova View Post
    As of last measurement, chest was 39" and waist was about 33"
    The 36 just might fit you well as a slimmer fitting jacket. You may have to have waist opened slightly.

Leave a comment:

• nova
    replied
    Do you know what your body chest/waist measurements are? For a slimmer fit, you generally need 2-3" extra fabric in the chest/waist.

BR,
    Rick
    As of last measurement, chest was 39" and waist was about 33"

Leave a comment:

• SpierMackay
    replied
    Originally posted by nova View Post
    Oh wow, wasn't expecting a response from an official account!

My best fitting jacket has the following measurements:

* 17.25" natural shoulder
    * 41" chest (with added room in the back, so more room here wouldn't be bad)
    * 37.5" waist (ish).

As you can see, the shoulder measurement is small and seems to line up with your 36, but the rest is more of a 38. It's a struggle I seem to deal with eternally. Of course, a lot of the shoulder size working has more to do with the armhole size and pitch, as well as how it's measured, which is why it's so hard to compare measurements like this.
    Do you know what your body chest/waist measurements are? For a slimmer fit, you generally need 2-3" extra fabric in the chest/waist.

BR,
    Rick

Leave a comment:

• nova
    replied
    The shoulders are very lightly padded on the sportcoats and fall fairly naturally. Which size were you looking at? The shoulders are graded based on our experience with custom suits over the past five years and seem to work quite well for most. But as with all OTR, it really needs to be tried to make sure the fit is for you.
    Oh wow, wasn't expecting a response from an official account!

My best fitting jacket has the following measurements:

* 17.25" natural shoulder
    * 41" chest (with added room in the back, so more room here wouldn't be bad)
    * 37.5" waist (ish).

As you can see, the shoulder measurement is small and seems to line up with your 36, but the rest is more of a 38. It's a struggle I seem to deal with eternally. Of course, a lot of the shoulder size working has more to do with the armhole size and pitch, as well as how it's measured, which is why it's so hard to compare measurements like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X