No announcement yet.

Experiments with leather laces & sneakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrecting this old thread to post a photo of my lace-swap in my Vans. I think they look a-okay with the boot laces (not leather).

Comment

I love those boot laces on vans, where did you get those?
      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
        I love those boot laces on vans, where did you get those?
        Picked up mine at my local Academy Sports, tho any shoe shop will likely carry them. Also available on Amazon. Just had to trim them a little shorter, and singed the ends so they don't unravel.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
          Resurrecting this old thread to post a photo of my lace-swap in my Vans. I think they look a-okay with the boot laces (not leather).

I use these on my vans and other canvas shoes (they are the same laces that JCrew uses). Made by Kiki and $2 at target for a pair of 72" which you cut in half and burn the end to produce two pairs of 36" laces which is the correct size for vans and any other shoe with +/- 1 lace hole.

Comment

@ncfranklin - those look great. Are those just regular navy vans authentic originals? Great hack, btw.

I think the leather or boot laces look good on gray, navy, or off-white canvas sneakers, but I really don't like them on white or black. My current regular pair of canvas summer sneakers are Tretorn Nylites that Joe featured last year from J. Crew. They are in grey with leather laces, and I love them. Got them for some crazy sale price. I think it's a great look, and keeps you a little different, in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
              Are those just regular navy vans authentic originals?
              Yup. Just regular ole navy. My next pair I think will be these sweet pop lace variety.

Comment

Thanks for the tip NC!
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                X