Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniqlo knitwear - cotton/cashmere and merino

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Uniqlo's knitwear - in particular their cotton and cashmere or merino ones? I was planning on picking up some merino cardigan's and some of their cotton and cashmere cable knit sweaters, but I do not have the opportunity to visit any of their stores.

So I was wondering if anyone could say anything about how they hold up, is there much pilling, do they shrink, etc? I've heard their merino is quite good, but I've heard that their cotton and cashmere sweaters leave a lot of pilling on the shirt you wear under - something which would be very annoying as I would pretty much always be wearing a white/light blue shirt under the cable knit sweaters.

All info is appreciated.

Originally posted by wundt View Post
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Uniqlo's knitwear - in particular their cotton and cashmere or merino ones? I was planning on picking up some merino cardigan's and some of their cotton and cashmere cable knit sweaters, but I do not have the opportunity to visit any of their stores.

So I was wondering if anyone could say anything about how they hold up, is there much pilling, do they shrink, etc? I've heard their merino is quite good, but I've heard that their cotton and cashmere sweaters leave a lot of pilling on the shirt you wear under - something which would be very annoying as I would pretty much always be wearing a white/light blue shirt under the cable knit sweaters.

All info is appreciated.
    They are nice. They run on the slim side. I can't speak to durability, because I get very little wear out of my sweaters. It is rarely cold enough to wear one.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

very thin, i prefer jcrew factory.

Comment

I agree they are very thin but I like them because I run hot. Good value. I wear a medium.
        Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

I have 3 extra fine merino cardigans that I wear regularly. Not too often, maybe once or twice a week when it gets too cold in the office, but I always bring one along almost everyday, so they get transferred regularly from storage to my bag almost everyday. Not much pilling yet after around one year of doing this.

Comment

Thank you for replying. I do get the general impression that both Uniqlo's merino and cotton-cashmere is quite thin, although I hope that their cable knit's are a bit thicker than their v-necks. The only bad thing I've heard about their cotton-cashmere (do not know if this goes for the merino) is that it leaves a lot of pilling on undershirts, which would be quite unfortunate considering that I would pretty much always be wearing a white/light blue ocbd underneath.

Comment

Got one last winter, had a hole in the shoulder within the week. When I went back to the store they said that I had worn it and it was not able to be returned nor exchanged (mind you it had not even been washed yet).

Comment

Working...
              X