Cognac wingtips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cognac wingtips

Just bought some grey Gap khakis and some cognac wingtips question is can you pair them together? What socks go with grey and cognac if any? If not what do you recommend for said wingtips? Thanks!

The cognac is a pretty versatile color. Strictly in terms of of color, it'll go with grey, khaki, and navy (pretty much all the standards).

However, in terms of style, you'll have to match that to the particular pants in quetion. Got a pic or a link?

Comment

They should definitely go together. Did you buy the Magnanni's that Joe posted on Dappered today? Those look beautiful!

Comment

Cognac/merlot/burgundy is probably one of the most versatile colors you can have in a shoe. You'll be able to matchit with almost anything

Comment

http://dappered.com/2012/02/how-to-make-business-casual-look-good/

Those grey khakis

http://www.arrowsmithshoes.com/product.asp?lt=d&deptid=5820&sec=men&pfid=ASH06114

that style wing tip

sorry im terrible at linking/posting pictures

Comment

I see no reason why those pants won't work with those shoes.

Comment

They should definitely go together. Did you buy the Magnanni's that Joe posted on Dappered today? Those look beautiful!

No I didn't see any today, I was looking forever, and ended up going to some store in the mall and found some for $60. They seem ok and are comfortable and they will do until I breakdown for some Allen Edmonds. So cognac and grey work but what color socks? Matching the pants right?

Comment

I even tried them on with a charcoal suit and thought that it looked pretty good

Comment

Conservatively... If you're tall and want to look shorter, match the shoes. If you're short and want to look taller, match the pants. For medium to dark grey pants, I don't see why black socks wouldn't work (if you can't find grey ones you like).

Unconservatively... The pant color is a good starting point, but beyond that, just go for it. It'll look a little more cohesive, though, if you keep the palette limited to other colors you're wearing elsewhere.

Comment

Match the pant if you don't feel confident experimenting.

I like to wear socks that have at least one color from the rest of my outfit. I've also thrown out almost all my solid color socks.

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I started out with solid socks and just yesterday started looking at patterned and fell in love with them. I dont think I'll be wearing solids anymore. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X