X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    JEH

• JEH
    replied

I picked up one of these new polos, and was a little disappointed. I think they actually fit a little too small/snug.

Leave a comment:

• BrianB

• BrianB
    replied

I have to second the fit on these Merona Tailored Fit Polos. They are a nice slim fit and I'm happy they were mentioned. I like my shirts very fitted (probably more so than I should) so I'm pretty picky about the fits of my shirts. Prior to this, I would only wear Polo Custom Fit because they were the only slim fitting polo that fit me well.

Also picked up two Slim Fit Polos from Old Navy that fit very well. I had been hearing from various comments on here about how ON's fit was getting better but I was skeptical. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the fit. I can't say either Merona or ON's quality is fantastic but at least now I have more than four colored polos with four different colored horses on them.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    Super Moderator

• greg_s
    replied

It does work for you there Ben. I personally found them to run a bit large. I'm going to return mine and try a size down. Overall, I prefer the Merona, but this does offer another cheaper option.

@ColoradoGuy, I am 6' and the M was quite long on me. I think you could very easily tuck it in if that is your thing. It is not mine, which is one reason I prefer the Meronas.

I just picked up a couple of the striped T's at Target. Pretty basic, but with nice stripes. I think both crewneck. One has a small chest pocket that I thought was a nice detail. A step up from graphic tees for hot summer days and they are on sale right now.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    Super Moderator

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Here's my WIWT with the Target polo, FWIW:

Leave a comment:

• drew2

• drew2
    replied

If they're anything like the collar on the Merona Ultimate polos, I'm returning mine. I found that it didn't have enough structure.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    Super Moderator

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

@ John Pepper - I thought the collar was a little intense too, but I buttoned the bottom 2 buttons and the collar is much more manageable that way.

Leave a comment:

• john_pepper

• john_pepper
    replied

Stopped by Target after work today and tried these on. I could deal with the long placket (you'll want the bottom button fastened), but the collar is a problem for me. It has almost no structure and kind of flops down, reaching almost to the middle of the shoulder instead of staying close to the neck. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but I felt like I was going to fly away. The fit was pretty good and the fabric is soft and comfortable, but I do prefer pique polos over this type of cotton.

Leave a comment:

• Zack Malibu

• Zack Malibu
    replied

Put this in the recent purchases...Ben did you notice if the Levi's Denizen jeans are on sale at your store? (I'm not sure if it's a widespread sale or by location). The slim/straights at mine were marked down to $19.58. A jeans/polo combo for $30 would be a good grab for at least a few of us, I'm guessing.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    Super Moderator

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

@ COGuy - Not sure how to answer that (in part because I personally never tuck in a polo shirt). I'm 5'9" with an aver-to-longish torso relative to the sizes I wear, and the small ends about halfway down the fly on my jeans. Slightly longer than most comparably sized t-shirts but not as long as a dress shirt.

Leave a comment:

• drew2

• drew2
    replied

Nice, available online! I have no shame in returning 8 polo shirts to Target if I don't like the fit, haha.

Click on the $5 off $50 coupon to get $5 off if you're trying to order enough to qualify for free shipping: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/target.com

Leave a comment:

• Dru

• Dru
    replied

I only visit H&M on trips but the few polos I bought from them looked rather bad after some use. Not bad for $10 which is the normal retail, but don't expect them to last long.

Uniqlo polos are pretty basic but hold up REALLY well in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoGuy

• ColoradoGuy
    replied

@Ben -- How's the length? Long enough to stay tucked in for a guy just over 6' ?

Leave a comment:

• jicarv

• jicarv
    replied

@BenR - Thanks! They look nice so I may order a couple to try on at home and return the ones I don't want to the store.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    Super Moderator

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

@ Juan - Yeah, I think that's them. The tag says "tailored fit" if you zoom in on them.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv

• jicarv
    replied

@BenR - Is this it: http://www.target.com/p/Merona-Men-s...s/-/A-13908578

Leave a comment:

Working...
X