new slim-fit polos at target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new slim-fit polos at target

I found something today that might interest those of you who have been watching and waiting for the return of the athletic-fit Mossimo polos. I was at Target today and saw that they had a new style of polo - a "tailored-fit, washed jersey" polo from Merona. Tried them on and they are actually a slim fit, unlike the Merona "ultimate" polos. The material is similar to the Mossimo ones but feels a little higher quality and is 100% cotton, unlike the Mossimo cotton/poly blend. The collar and placket are a little retro/Original Penguin-ish, in that the collar is a little on the large side and the placket is sternum-length on me. They're true to size, unlike the Mossimo ones, which ran rather small IMO (had to size up from a small to a medium in the Mossimos, but a small works fine in these new ones). Color selection is pretty standard, with mostly solids in blues, greens, grey, black, red, and a few micro-stripe ones.

They're priced at $12.99 but my store had them marked down to $10. Not a bad deal if you're looking for some inexpensive, slim-fit polos.

Ben

Washed jersey? Did they look like they might pill easily? I need to replenish my polo supply.

Comment

Hard to say about the pilling. My athletic-fit Mossimos have started to pill a bit. The material on the new Merona ones feels a little more substantial, but like any inexpensive clothing item, you run the risk that they just aren't going to hold up the same way a more expensive garment would.

Ben

Comment

Polos @ H&M are $10 daily, come in a variety of colors, and fit pretty slim. Don't think they're 100% cotton though.

Which do you think would last longer?

Comment

No idea on the H&M polos. The nice thing about Target, though, is that a lot more people have access to a Target in their community than an H&M.

Ben

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Will have to check out.

Comment

@BenR - Is this it: http://www.target.com/p/Merona-Men-s...s/-/A-13908578

Comment

@ Juan - Yeah, I think that's them. The tag says "tailored fit" if you zoom in on them.

Ben

Comment

@BenR - Thanks! They look nice so I may order a couple to try on at home and return the ones I don't want to the store.

Comment

@Ben -- How's the length? Long enough to stay tucked in for a guy just over 6' ?

Comment

I only visit H&M on trips but the few polos I bought from them looked rather bad after some use. Not bad for $10 which is the normal retail, but don't expect them to last long.

Uniqlo polos are pretty basic but hold up REALLY well in my experience.

Comment

Nice, available online! I have no shame in returning 8 polo shirts to Target if I don't like the fit, haha.

Click on the $5 off $50 coupon to get $5 off if you're trying to order enough to qualify for free shipping: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/target.com

Comment

@ COGuy - Not sure how to answer that (in part because I personally never tuck in a polo shirt). I'm 5'9" with an aver-to-longish torso relative to the sizes I wear, and the small ends about halfway down the fly on my jeans. Slightly longer than most comparably sized t-shirts but not as long as a dress shirt.

Ben

Comment

Put this in the recent purchases...Ben did you notice if the Levi's Denizen jeans are on sale at your store? (I'm not sure if it's a widespread sale or by location). The slim/straights at mine were marked down to $19.58. A jeans/polo combo for $30 would be a good grab for at least a few of us, I'm guessing.

Comment

Stopped by Target after work today and tried these on. I could deal with the long placket (you'll want the bottom button fastened), but the collar is a problem for me. It has almost no structure and kind of flops down, reaching almost to the middle of the shoulder instead of staying close to the neck. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but I felt like I was going to fly away. The fit was pretty good and the fabric is soft and comfortable, but I do prefer pique polos over this type of cotton.

Comment

Working...
                              X