AE Strand $255.75 shipped from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Strand $255.75 shipped from Amazon

Amazon has an automatic 15% off certain shoes sold by them and the Strand qualifies. My size (9.5D) is $300.88, so with automatic 15% discount comes to $255.75. Discount does not show until the final checkout page. Also, if you don't have Prime, you have to choose the super saver shipping option for free shipping.

Not that great of a price.

You can buy almost any AE model from this guy on style forum for $240-$250 shipped:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/263225/ic-allen-edmonds-mega-thread-sale-cheap-newly-arrrived-neumora-neumok-park-ave-fifth-ave-strand-mcallister-macneil-shell-cordovan-all-models-colors-sizes

The best deals are when endless runs their sales + 20-30% off or at Nordstrom's bi annual sales. AE's go for $200+tax, so around $210. Endless deals can be in the $220-$230 range.

Comment

Does that guy work at AE or something?

Comment

Dammit, this is why the Daltons I've had in my cart sold out in my size. I was finally ready to buy and they were gone. I've got $200 in Amazon credit. Just confirmed the sale is on Daltons as well.

If I try to be sneaky could I order a size that probably won't fit me and exchange when they get more in stock to get the sale price? Never exchanged anything on Amazon.

Comment

Style forum guy has an additional 4% Paypal fee, which brings the Strands to around the Amazon sale price. Not sure if he accepts any other form of payment.

Comment

The strands were 200 during the nordstrom sale last year.

Comment

Would you guys wear the Strand in walnut casually? Or is something like the McAllister more versatile?

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-...1164775&sr=8-2

Comment

@NFT The strands is one of AE's most versatile shoes. Wear it with jeans, chinos, dress pants, trousers, and shorts!

Comment

Do you guys generally wear smooth calf in spring/summer? Or strictly suede shoes?

Comment

@zerostyle - I hear what you are saying but for close to the same price, I would feel much more comfortable buying the shoes from a premier retailer with excellent customer service, than some guy on styleforum. That's just me. If someone needs the shoes right now, I don't think there is a better price out there for 1st quality Strands from a store like Amazon.

Comment

@nftmlk, by definition, full brogues are less "formal" than half-brogues. However, neither the Strand nor the McAllister are especially formal simply by virtue of in-your-face brogueing of both shoes. You could easily find a wingtip from another brand that is much more formal than the Strand, despite the convention I've noted above. Get the one you like better. They'll both be versatile for wearing with suits or casually.

@Juan, you're exactly right. There's no way I'm buying seconds from a random SFer, despite his claims of "first quality", when I can buy true firsts for the same price or slightly more.

Comment

You can also get the Strand in shell from him for $425, which is much less.

Comment

@Juan - Ya, I'm not saying you should buy from him right now. I'm simply saying that the $255 price range for AE's isn't exactly a great sale. It's better than retail, but if you want to save another $40 you can do so by just waiting a bit.

(I'm looking to pick up a few more pairs of AE's and am waiting as well. Worst case scenario the semi-annual nordstrom sale will happen in June... about 3 months away)

Comment

Working...
                          X