Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent k
    replied
    Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

The 06 GTO was a great car I love the Ls2.

Oh I am not sold on DI at all. Not one bit. Between carbon build ups and HPFP going at 80-120k miles it's kinda crappy. MPG is one thing but having a high pressure pump go is not cheap nor is the head cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• meekrab
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent k View Post
    Man audi and Bmw at least both really suffered from the carbon build up issues.
    All DI engines will eventually have the same issue, we're hearing about it with foreign enthusiast cars because a) people actually bother to maintain them and talk about them on the internet and b) they use new technology first. Don't be shocked when C7 Corvette owners talk about a class action lawsuit in 2018.

Anyway seeing as I'm new to the thread... I drive an 06 GTO once or twice a week. It sounds nice and goes pretty fast. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/op7Hf

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied
    Man audi and Bmw at least both really suffered from the carbon build up issues.

Leave a comment:

• Big_blu
    replied
    Originally posted by Deke View Post
    Jealous. Very awesome ride.

You probably hate this question, but how has it held up over the years?
    Thanks!

Could not be more satisfied. For a car that is coming up on 10 years old this thing is solid as a rock. No rattles or issues anywhere.

This engine (same one found in the R8) suffers from carbon buildup, so as long as you get it cleaned out every 30,000 miles it spins like a top. I just got it done last month for $800 and it revs up to 8,250 rpm faster than ever.

-Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_blu View Post
    I like to think my car choice matches my style.

Bought my dream car back in 2011 and still smile every time I get in. 2007 Audi RS4, subtle style differences from A4 and S4, but just enough that car guys appreciate it and normal people ask me what it is.
    Jealous. Very awesome ride.

You probably hate this question, but how has it held up over the years?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron P.
    replied
    [MENTION=9879]Brent k[/MENTION] Yeah, that's why I prefer the Trans Ams to the Camaros. Bit nicer all around, and most of em have aged a bit better as time's passed.

I don't know if agree on the handling though. Sure, the suspension is just not up to snuff no matter what you do to it, but they've got a good weight balance to them. The sliding feels more like a pivot than fishtail, and it makes the traffic circles around here way more fun.

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
    My daily driver, and only car really, is a 98 Chevy Camaro in Emerald Green. Base model V6, mostly because my insurance agent provided me with some very unkind words when I mentioned I was considering the V8. F-Bodies are a lot of fun, and remarkably cheap both to buy and repair. If you're not necessarily looking for something like a classic muscle car, I'd happily recommend them to the Dappered community.

Especially a Pontiac Trans Am. Those are...just really amazing vehicles.
    Had a 2002 SS SLP package. 6spd, T tops of course. Did 1 7/8th long tubes from pacesetter, Wally fuel pump, straight pipe exhaust, SLP intake, mild cam.

Fun car ended up selling it for my 02 Z06.

My gripes with the F body was the handling and build quality. Early 2000's wasn't the best at GM but the Camaro had some cheesy interior parts. Handling was pretty bad but what do you expect from a live axle 10bolt rear.

Leave a comment:

• Evenflow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamin View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much can you get a 2014 S8 at auction for?

I love cars and I absolutely think what you drive is an expansion of your personal style. I've been driving a 2003 Jaguar S-Type for a while, but I'm looking forward to my 2016 Mercedes C-Class being delivered in a month.
    I had an '03 S-Type for a spell. One of the better looking luxury sedans ever made, I think.

Leave a comment:

• efria
    replied
    Dog - yes 964 series… 1991 cab.

The jacket is replica (from Lansky) of a jacket Elvis used to wear. Found it at the Lansky clothier in the Peabody (Memphis). I thought it looked good, found out the history and had to have it.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleDog
    replied
    Great picture!

Is that a 964?

Never mind, just saw the picture caption. Still, nice picture!

Originally posted by efria View Post
    I have several cars, but thought this would be a good place for intro to the forum. My wife and I heading out to a charity event.

benefit with 964 by efria, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied

Bought my dream car back in 2011 and still smile every time I get in. 2007 Audi RS4, subtle style differences from A4 and S4, but just enough that car guys appreciate it and normal people ask me what it is.

Awesome. Back in 2006/2007 when those were out, I dreamed of owning one.

Leave a comment:

• efria
    replied
    I have several cars, but thought this would be a good place for intro to the forum. My wife and I heading out to a charity event.

benefit with 964 by efria, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• CptSlow
    replied
    Total car guy here. How in the world do you post a photo??

Leave a comment:

• jm722
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamin View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much can you get a 2014 S8 at auction for?

I love cars and I absolutely think what you drive is an expansion of your personal style. I've been driving a 2003 Jaguar S-Type for a while, but I'm looking forward to my 2016 Mercedes C-Class being delivered in a month.
    About $90k, as it was only a 1 year old model when I bought it last year. Had 3,000 miles and the extended 100,000 mile warranty that stays with the car itself.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleDog
    replied

Nice! My wife has a Q5 S Line and I'm considering the S5 as my next daily. I think the Audis have very tasteful styling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X