Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been on here much lately, but I'll play.

Daily driver is a '97 BMW 318Ti. Sport package, all stock, tons of fun.
    In the background is the hauler/camping rig. '78 Chevy C10. Recently refreshed the small block, vortec heads, Comp cam, etc. A fresh performance built 700R4 is on the way this week.

I guess each one fits my style depending on the day.....

Comment

Originally posted by nick3 View Post
      I really love 66-70 Chevelles for different reasons. The 66-67 is simple and mean looking while the 68-69 is less common and transitional and the 70 is the most iconic and powerful they ever made. I recommend staying away from 71-72 as they just don't hold value like the others. Before the Chevelle I had a 68 mustang and I consider myself brand agnostic with muscle cars. On the flip side I think a big block Chevrolet is awfully hard to beat!
      I beg to differ on the 71-72s not holding value. Though the 70 will be worth my the 71-72 hold value very well as with all chevelles.

Comment

My car choices reflect the fact that I'm way too sensible. Have owned two Camrys and currently an Accord while the wife has a new Highlander, which is a fantastic car. I prefer to live through my inlaws' choices. Wife's brother drives an S2000 and their dad has an e46 M3. The vehicle that most fits my style would be a Wrangler, so hopefully I can talk myself into one someday.

To all you people preserving these older and beautiful cars, thank you. They're a treat for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
          Haven't been on here much lately, but I'll play.

Daily driver is a '97 BMW 318Ti. Sport package, all stock, tons of fun.
          In the background is the hauler/camping rig. '78 Chevy C10. Recently refreshed the small block, vortec heads, Comp cam, etc. A fresh performance built 700R4 is on the way this week.

I guess each one fits my style depending on the day.....

Chevy C10 look great and great to have
          Eat what is good for your health but
          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I just bought a Volvo S60, but I'm not sure what that says about my style.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewCPA View Post
              I just bought a Volvo S60, but I'm not sure what that says about my style.
              I'd say those are pretty stylish in their own way. Kind of a niche luxury sedan. A little more unique then your average 3series/A4/CTS/Q50. I've heard the seats in the new ones are absurdly comfortable too.

I lust a bit after the S60 (and a little more so, V60) Polestar.

Comment

Thank you Deke. The seats were a major selling point.

Comment

The front seats on the new S60 are incredibly comfortable. Did you get a 2015 or 2015.5? I ended up buying a 2012 Acura TL but the other car I was looking at was the 2015 Volvo S60. My wife thought the back seat legroom in the S60 was lacking. The main thing that turned me off to the S60 was that Xenon/HID's weren't standard. They didn't even come with the Premier package. You had to shell out for their top of the line platinum package to get HID's which blows my mind. It's 2015 and a semi-luxury car doesn't have them as standard??!! There were other small things that come standard in the TL like heated seats that are not standard on the Volvo. The new Volvos are also fuel efficient but the 4 cylinder 240hp engine didn't compare to the V6 280 hp output of the TL. For those reasons I ended up choosing the Acura. If Volvo would make a few small changes, I probably would have gone with the S60 because it rode nice, had comfy seats, and are tops in safety features.

Comment

I bought a 2013 with 5,000 miles on it. New ones are out of my price range. I agree the options can be lacking with out the "special" packages and the back seats were a concern for us too, but the car seats actually fit well. I'm not sure what I would do with 280 hp, besides get in trouble. I looked at Acura's and think they are VERY nice cars but didn't want to spring for the premium fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewCPA View Post
                      I bought a 2013 with 5,000 miles on it. New ones are out of my price range. I agree the options can be lacking with out the "special" packages and the back seats were a concern for us too, but the car seats actually fit well. I'm not sure what I would do with 280 hp, besides get in trouble. I looked at Acura's and think they are VERY nice cars but didn't want to spring for the premium fuel.
                      The 2013 should have a bit more torque than the newer ones since it will have 5 cylinders instead of 4, but won't be as fuel efficient. That's the same thing I told my wife about the back seat legroom on the S60 - who cares as long as you can fit car seats. The premium fuel is a bit of a bummer on the Acuras. I'm in Texas where everyone speeds on the highway so it's nice to have the extra HP for those moments when you need it to pass someone. My goal was to stay under 25K.

Comment

Pretty sure I fell in love with the new Subaru WRX. I can sell my wrangler and trade in my cadillac. This way I have a winter car and daily driver wrapped up into one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                          Pretty sure I fell in love with the new Subaru WRX. I can sell my wrangler and trade in my cadillac. This way I have a winter car and daily driver wrapped up into one.
                          It's nice they finally tweaked the styling to bring it somewhat closer to the legacy aesthetic. That was my biggest gripe with the GR body styles

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
                            It's nice they finally tweaked the styling to bring it somewhat closer to the legacy aesthetic. That was my biggest gripe with the GR body styles
                            I always was a mitsubishi evo fan. I had a 2003. With them gone the Wrx is really all that's left. Hopefully the new focus RS turns out good.

Comment

As a car guy I do find it difficult to balance between my style side and my car-enthusiast/racing side. My first car was a 2002 RSX Type-S which was fun and nice but as I got more into track days I wanted something more. Ended up with my first S2000 which looked the part and was fast, but got more into track days and now have a full on track car S2000 (gutted, caged, rattle can, scratches, bumps, bruises, zip ties, etc.). (Although S2000 styling seems a bit more Express than J. Crew). My assortment of daily drivers have been trying to find a balance between super practical (45mpg Jetta TDI) to super fun (First gen miata) to nice and comfortable (mid 90's BMW's). Hard to commit to the look when dressed nicely and roll up to the valet in a miata with autocross stickers and brake dust coating the car. Currently I think I've found a decent balance of the 3 - a 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe. Small enough to park in the city. Hatchback for utility, rwd roadster feel, niceness and classic styling of the pre-Bangle BMWs.

Although now I consider selling both my S2k and getting a used Cayman S.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                                I always was a mitsubishi evo fan. I had a 2003. With them gone the Wrx is really all that's left. Hopefully the new focus RS turns out good.
                                I think the Golf R could be thrown into that mix as well.

I do like the look of the new WRX, and I've heard they drive better than ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X