Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PREID View Post
    I have considered it given the implied value of 89's, but that car will probably stay with me for years to come. It was the first car I learned to work on and the first car I drove on a track.

I had it up in Connecticut last summer for a cruiser on weekends. Was loads of fun. I managed to DE it at LimeRock, too! It's funny. That car always gets interest because it's sub 70k miles and has every receipt dating back to its delivery date. I am prepping to sell the STI this Fall.
    That's fair, and I definitely give you props for sticking with it. I honestly don't think I could... hah. You realistically have $100k+ in cars right now. In that situation, I'd sell both and get one really fun toy in the $40-50k range (since you don't need a daily) and pocket the rest.

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
    Depends on a few factors but one with a decent income and low monthly liabilities could acquire a DB9, V8 Vantage, bentley continental etc.

Trading in my cadillac and selling my 95 jeep wrangler out right for a brand new 15 wrangler. I think they match my style.

When I want a little more flash take out the modded vette C5Z
    It's crazy how much high end cars depreciate over time. It makes it tough to justify buying anything new when you can get that kind of value down the line.

What mods do you have on the C5Z?

Comment

I can't put a price on this car's importance. Too many memories with my dad. I'll probably keep this thing running for my own kid (god willing I'm not the only one around that can work on air-cooled flat sixes when that happens)

Comment

Golden memories are to cherish.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I follow automotive news diligently, I am subscribed to multiple car magazines, and I visit couple car shows a year. On top of that I work in automotive engineering, so you can say that I am a car guy.

That said, I don't drive anything super exciting, I am on my 3rd VW GTI.
          Every GTI has been good to me so far, just enough fan and practicality as my daily driver.

I believe that GTI is Thompson suit of the cars- inexpensive but fun and stylish when needed.

Comment

I'm an Audi Guy

Not really a car guy - although I do read car magazines. I am a complete Audi Fanboy, now going on my 5th one. They fit my style. Conservative but modern and sleek

German style and build, but not the "popular" choice. Also very gadget heavy, which I love.

Currently driving this black 2013 A8L.

Comment

I would say mine do. My daily is a Toyota 4Runner which is classic, rugged and reliable but not flashy or associated with being either cheap or expensive. My weekend car is a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 which is certainly flashy but also iconic and American.

Since my style is mostly comprised of Allen Edmonds shoes, Sperry, Vans, Jcrew and Brooks Brothers I think it fits. These brands use minimal branding and have stood the test of time. They stand out as having a tailored look without the fabric taking center stage.

Comment

Originally posted by nick3 View Post
                I would say mine do. My daily is a Toyota 4Runner which is classic, rugged and reliable but not flashy or associated with being either cheap or expensive. My weekend car is a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 which is certainly flashy but also iconic and American.

Since my style is mostly comprised of Allen Edmonds shoes, Sperry, Vans, Jcrew and Brooks Brothers I think it fits. These brands use minimal branding and have stood the test of time. They stand out as having a tailored look without the fabric taking center stage.

I would daily drive a yugo for that car....

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                  Other than a lust for a '68 Mustang fastback

my project/currently woefully neglected weekend car (1968 Mustang Fastback, 302):

A 2012 G37S Sedan replaced my 2003 Subaru WRX (still have both) as my daily. I really need to go ahead and sell the WRX, but it was awfully handy a few days this past winter. Unforunately I don't have any pics of the G37, but it makes a small cameo here.

I daily drove the WRX for around 11 years. It's a fun, reliable car, but I really started to dislike the image that goes along with it. I often got the wrong kind of attention on the road (be it cops or stoplight racers), and a decade old economy sedan (albeit a sporty one) didn't really fit the professional image too well. There's a small part of me that wants to hang on to the WRX to toss around the track from time to time, but I don't know if i can justify having 3 cars much longer when I only drive one 98% of the time as it is. We'll see...
                  Last edited by Deke; July 29, 2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                    I would daily drive a yugo for that car....
                    Haha thanks Brent. It is a dream car to me and I acquired through a unique connection and set of circumstances. I wish I had more time to drive it.

Comment

[MENTION=3464]nick3[/MENTION] - Next year either a 1st gen Camaro or a 68-72 chevelle. Won't buy a true SS I want it as a driver. Almost pulled the trigger on a 1g Camaro last week just needed too much body work and the engine was unknown.

Comment

I really love 66-70 Chevelles for different reasons. The 66-67 is simple and mean looking while the 68-69 is less common and transitional and the 70 is the most iconic and powerful they ever made. I recommend staying away from 71-72 as they just don't hold value like the others. Before the Chevelle I had a 68 mustang and I consider myself brand agnostic with muscle cars. On the flip side I think a big block Chevrolet is awfully hard to beat!

Comment

Haha thanks Brent. It is a dream car to me and I acquired through a unique connection and set of circumstances. I wish I had more time to drive it.
                          Beautiful.

Comment

I consider myself brand agnostic with muscle cars.
                            I'm the same way. I love my Mustang, but I certainly don't consider myself a "Ford guy". I can appreciate a good car from any manufacturer.

Comment

I wouldn't consider myself a car guy but I do lust after a nicer car.

When I got my first real job after college I got my first nice car (used BMW 330xi black on black). Not a good purchase as it required several repairs that drowned me in debt. Funny though, I had no style back then. Shiny Van Heusen button downs and two pairs of black polyester pants with one pair of black square toe loafers worn daily.

I've had to settle for a couple practical vehicles in the meantime due to kids being expensive. Currently in a Honda Civic with no bells and no whistles.

But as I've started to pay attention to my wardrobe and image, and as my income starts to catch back up, I've thought about vehicles to match. I've been kicking around a shiny new SUV (wife wants a third kid) in black or white. It's weird being dressed nicely and then getting out of a beater car.

Comment

Picked up a '97 chevy 1500 now that I'm finished school and free of debt, feels a bit a weird to dress up in it though.

2 wheels good 4 wheels also good by Austin Smith, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X