Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if my cars match my style, but I do enjoy cars.

My DD is a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco with a 6 speed manual. It's a good little car, and I can't complain about the gas mileage (gets 40+ on highway).

My fun (and first) car is a 1988 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I put a 350 in it a few years ago, but now it's just been sitting. It has a transmission leak and needs body work (rust, ugh) and I haven't had the extra time or $$ to work on it so it's just hanging out in the garage.

Comment

Still young. Enjoying it while I can. My cars were based off of my style and work well usually with what I am wearing.
      2006 BMW 325i (hydroplaned into a median, RIP)
      DD is a 2009 Infiniti G37 coupe, candy red. Was only recommended after I took the BMW in for a repair and the mechanic told me about his. Drive's like a champ with only 40k on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jwfrasier View Post
        Still young. Enjoying it while I can. My cars were based off of my style and work well usually with what I am wearing.
        2006 BMW 325i (hydroplaned into a median, RIP)
        DD is a 2009 Infiniti G37 coupe, candy red. Was only recommended after I took the BMW in for a repair and the mechanic told me about his. Drive's like a champ with only 40k on it.
        I must say good cars you own.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

i'm a car guy at heart, but my reality doesn't match it. haha I drive a black 2010 Ford Fusion. It gets me around, but is a boring car. It was a necessity purchase in order to have a vehicle with enough room for a baby/baby stuff. I'm itching to upgrade to something more fun though, now that the kids are getting a little older and we dont have to haul half the freaking baby's room around when we go somewhere anymore. I'd love an Audi S3 (or perhaps even a Golf R or GTI). Bummer that the S3/Golf R don't come in a proper manual though. I like the idea of a Subaru WRX (or STi, if I had the extra funds), but they look a bit boy racer to me and I've never been crazy about their interiors.

fusion by Derek D, on Flickr

Comment

I'm a car guy and have owned 30+ cars in the 12 years I've been driving. Currently, I have two.

Utility/Beater: Honda Ridgeline (no picture because it's boring... hah)

Current fun car: 2005 MR-2 Spyder with OEM Hardtop (very hard to get in the US) and a handful of bolt ons.

Comment

Interesting thread. I'm definitely in the minority here, but we are a 1 car family. Guess that is due to location and being in the city and gas/parking being astronomical. My wife's car is a Suburu wagon. I'm a public transportation kind of guy, the train system gets me everywhere. If I could though, I'd swap out the Subbie for a M3.

Comment

My daily driver is a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Magma (orange). Wife is currently in a 2005 Honda Civic but we are going to be getting her a 2016 Mazda Miata at the beginning of the year.

Mine

Comment

Most guys love cars so not sure if there really is a 'car guy' unless you mean ones who spend more money on cars. When I was younger, I might have been more that way but I am more practical now. Still, I think it is a reflection of my style. That should be true for everyone as well.

Drove a 2003 TL-S for the last 10 years.
                  (Pictures are not my own. Found ones on the internet that look like my cars)

A few days ago I bought a 2012 Acura TL to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post

Ask and you shall receive
                    [MENTION=9263]PREID[/MENTION] that's a great duo of cars, especially for someone that doesn't drive often.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered selling the 930? With the Porsche value bubble as high as it is right now, I think it'd be really tough not to move one if I owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by frankjcampbell View Post
                      My daily driver is a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Magma (orange). Wife is currently in a 2005 Honda Civic but we are going to be getting her a 2016 Mazda Miata at the beginning of the year.

Mine
                      Toyota FJ cruiser is really cool for DD.
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

1200CC TORQUE MONSTER DAILY COMMUTER:

SPORTY 5 SPEED HATCHBACK WHEN ITS RAINING:

HATCH BACK ALSO DOUBLES AS PICKUP TRUCK SOMETIMES

Comment

I have considered it given the implied value of 89's, but that car will probably stay with me for years to come. It was the first car I learned to work on and the first car I drove on a track.

I had it up in Connecticut last summer for a cruiser on weekends. Was loads of fun. I managed to DE it at LimeRock, too! It's funny. That car always gets interest because it's sub 70k miles and has every receipt dating back to its delivery date. I am prepping to sell the STI this Fall.

Comment

Car guy here. Current car is a fully loaded 2009 Honda Accord. Its my daily as well as my fun/tinker car. I've tinted the windows, blacked out the chrome and added some LEDs. I have not and will not put a big stupid exhaust or gaudy 22" wheels on it. I like to think it matches my style as it is sharp without being flashy.

Comment

Totally considered an 09 or 11 M3 before I settled on the G37. Definitely a legend of a car and very fun to drive. To me, the 400+ hp sounds really fun but not worth the bump in price from my G37 at the moment. The G37 is keeping me held down for now. I do have to say I love everything about the M3, even though the maintenance is a tad bit higher. Next car I'm realistically going to try is an DB9 used since I've had history with them before. But let's look for a few promotions before reaching that dream.

Comment

Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Originally posted by jwfrasier View Post
                                Totally considered an 09 or 11 M3 before I settled on the G37. Definitely a legend of a car and very fun to drive. To me, the 400+ hp sounds really fun but not worth the bump in price from my G37 at the moment. The G37 is keeping me held down for now. I do have to say I love everything about the M3, even though the maintenance is a tad bit higher. Next car I'm realistically going to try is an DB9 used since I've had history with them before. But let's look for a few promotions before reaching that dream.
                                Depends on a few factors but one with a decent income and low monthly liabilities could acquire a DB9, V8 Vantage, bentley continental etc.

Trading in my cadillac and selling my 95 jeep wrangler out right for a brand new 15 wrangler. I think they match my style.

When I want a little more flash take out the modded vette C5Z

Comment

Working...
                                X