Brooks Brothers Makers Blazer Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks Brothers Makers Blazer Opinion

Looking to upgrade my blue blazer. I saw this blazer http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brooks-Broth...ht_2743wt_1018

I've never seen the Makers or Makers Brooksease combination. Anyone have any insight on the quality, fit, etc...

Thanks!

Brooksease was an older line that was designed to bring younger men into Brooks Brothers. Probably mid 90's. Good starting price.

Comment

Thanks JC. So, do you know if the style is more modern? Also, what other brands do you recommend for Blue Blazers, what would be a good year round wool weight

Comment

I know nothing about the brand. But in terms of a year round option, you're much better off looking for 3 seasons, tops. Get a heavier wool option and a lightweight cotton blazer, and you'll be set. You could buy one now and the other later but that's the only way to go year round. It's a good time to be shopping for sales on a fall/winter/early spring weight.

Comment

@ Nick, good point and I just bought a great navy cotton blazer. So, what is a good three season weight?

Comment

This one is 100% wool, so it should be a good 3-season blazer... or 4 season depending on where you are.

It's got good classic styling. I'd say it's worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
            X