Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on bracelet type wear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thoughts on bracelet type wear

    Gents, what are you thoughts on bracelets and whatnot for me? I'm talking about items/looks such as this:






    #2
    That seems like an extravagant amount of bracelets. I like minimalism:

    http://kangalex.com/skulls

    http://kangalex.com/leathergrey

    Maybe one of each, but wouldn't go any further. I wear a lot more actual dress shirts than OCBD though.

    Comment


      #3
      Way too much. A leather band or maybe two beaded/twine material. But that's all. You don't want to sound like a jingle bell with your bracelets clanking around while you walk.

      Comment


        #4
        I typically wear two at a time, three max. M.Cohen makes some investment worthy bracelets and I like the solid feel of Giles & Brother as well.

        Comment


          #5
          I've acquired a few bracelets over the years (brown leather cord with a silver fish bead, navy and white paracord with steel hardware, black skull beads) but I usually end up feeling self-consciously "stylish" on the rare occasions I wear them. It seems like it's trying way too hard. 99.99% of the time, I stick with a watch and no other jewelry-type accessories.

          (Maybe worth mentioning that when I do wear a bracelet, it is just one and always on the opposite of my watch-wearing wrist.)
          Ben

          Comment


            #6
            If it's coherent with your outfit, why not.

            Comment


              #7
              If you can pull it off, good for you, but I find excessive things around my wrists to be annoying as I do a lot of typing and other desk-work. A watch is about it for regularly worn jewelry/accessories.

              Regards,
              Vic
              "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I've acquired a few bracelets over the years (brown leather cord with a silver fish bead, navy and white paracord with steel hardware, black skull beads) but I usually end up feeling self-consciously "stylish" on the rare occasions I wear them. It seems like it's trying way too hard. 99.99% of the time, I stick with a watch and no other jewelry-type accessories.

                (Maybe worth mentioning that when I do wear a bracelet, it is just one and always on the opposite of my watch-wearing wrist.)
                This is me. the one time i have worn a bracelet recently it was actually on my watch hand though. didnt feel as weird and just kind of added to the watch. still didnt feel comfortable enough to do it again. A bit too trendy for me to feel comfortable pulling off.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I ask because it is one of those looks that I would like to incorporate in to my attire but don't quite know how to pull it off. Also, like some of you guys here, I spend my day at a desk typing on a computer. I wonder how the multitude of items around my wrist might get in the way of all that.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Do you wear a watch daily? If so, does it get in the way of things?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                      Do you wear a watch daily? If so, does it get in the way of things?
                      not quite the same for everyone. I wear a watch daily but not on my mousing hand. I have a wrist pad on my mousepad and anything between my wrist and pad would b e annoying. My watch strap sits just past the keyboard pad so it isnt an issue.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                        If it's coherent with your outfit, why not.
                        I have same thought
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thoughts on bracelet type wear

                          My mental associations with bracelets cannot be separated from high school. Maybe it is just me, but in my mind 16yo kids wear them. I'm probably just closed minded.

                          Also, consider that I don't like wearing any jewelry except my wedding band, not even a watch (though, personally, they don't have any of the same stigma attached to them, by any means).

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I also attribute it to a much younger crowd. I usually only wear a watch. I never see any guys around my office or around wearing them.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                              I also attribute it to a much younger crowd. I usually only wear a watch. I never see any guys around my office or around wearing them.
                              Your are right sir, but once in a blue moon try to be different
                              Eat what is good for your health but
                              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X