Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions On These Shoes

http://d.pr/c26d

Is it just me (and my usual loafer/driving moc wearing self) that thinks these shoes seem somewhat to round? They're almost unwieldy... I got them on sale at Ralph Lauren for less than $60, and the toes, for one, are not too thick, but even so, I still feel like the shoe has a lot of extra bulk.

Am I missing something when it comes to shoes that aren't driving mocs?

If I do return these, what am I looking for?

I think they're a good looking pair of bucks, I'd have spent more than that on a pair of shoes like that, so I think you did well. Remember that driving mocs are pretty much designed to be thin and maneuverable, they are designed entirely for that, so comparing any shoe to a driving moc in the areas that driving mocs excel in isn't going to be a fair comparison. Just my two cents.

Comment

That's a pretty standard American shoe shape... The sleeker lasts are usually found on Italian and some high-end English shoes.

Comment

@Jason Where can I get something like that?

Comment

@devirkahan: What's your budget? You won't be finding any Italian or English shoes worth a damn in the $60 range (if you can find any at all).

Comment

Umm... I got my loake suede penny loafers for under $50, so yeah, you can, on eBay.

Comment

LOL, ok the ebay caveat. There's always the ebay caveat. I should have prepared for that. I meant retail (including clearance).

Comment

They look great to me - just a traditional balmoral in suede. You could wear those with anything that you wear your loafers in, I imagine.

For Ralph Lauren, that's a sweet deal.

Comment

I guess I'm just too used to driving mocs.

Then again, I have a pair of Allen Edmonds that don't seem that bulky at all. But maybe that's because I wear them with a suit?

I don't know. To me, casual loafers/driving mocs are the only thing that feel right with semi-casual/work-place attire — even though I know how wrong that sounds...

Comment

Did you try penny loafers? They've got the moc toe and can be sleek.

Comment

I bought these on valentine's day. If you hate the look of the excess sole on the rim of the shoe left by goodyear welting. I got them for 440$ and they were well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X