Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button downs cut short enough to wear untucked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button downs cut short enough to wear untucked?

What are some good, slim-fitting, long-sleeve button downs that are cut short enough to wear untucked?

One solution is to size down to get a shorter torso and roll up the sleeves, which would fit well with what you're trying to accomplish. In that case, virtually any company would have options for you.

For made-to-measure shirts like Ratio, there are options you can select for the length of the torso. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a brand that cuts shirts shorter, but I'm sure someone here could.

Some folks opt for shirts that are straight across at the bottom for wearing them untucked (that's the design). Others are breaking rules and wearing shirts that scoop at the sides untucked.

Comment

At Marshalls, they carry a brand called Paper Denim & Cloth that makes shirts in this style. They're not expensive.

Comment

Express shirts are a pretty good length to tuck/wear untucked.

Comment

@NC

I'm not a fan of the straight across cut on button downs. I always feel like I should be at the bowling alley with that style. Not to say it's for everyone, but I don't mind rocking the scoops untucked

Comment

I have a casual Eddie Bauer shirt that is short enough to look ok untucked, and it's actually a really nice, slim fit. H&M makes VERY slim casual shirts but the quality is pretty dodgy.

Ben

Comment

@BenR If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? H&M shirts don't fit very well on me.

Comment

LEC is pretty short, especially when you size down one to get an appropriate fit elsewhere.

Comment

Bonobos sport shirts are short enough on me, although then the sleeves are kinda short and they could use some tailoring on the body.

Comment

@ nftmlk - 5'9" and 145. I normally wear a small but I've had to size up to a medium in H&M before.

Ben

Comment

I haven't really found any that are short enough for me at 5 ft 7. My untucked shirts usually cover my butt. Even most smalls go nearly to the bottom of my butt and I can barely fit in them otherwise.

I would guess that shortening a shirt is not an expensive alteration. Get some cheapos from LEC that you don't need for tucking in, then get them altered short enough to show off the goods.

Comment

GAP slim fit button ups are short and can be worn untucked.

Comment

Express 1MX are cut to be worn untucked.

Comment

I have a couple Zara shirts that are short but I don't know if all of their shirts are. And Abercrombie... if you can find one that doesn't have the obnoxious moose on the front. You'll have to wash it to get the cologne smell off though.

Comment

Abercrombie shirts do run short in the torso, but their arm lengths are way too long for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X