Kiton-like Blazers for less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiton-like Blazers for less

I think everyone knows Kiton makes fantastic suits and blazers. But, does anyone have any recommendations for brands that are similar to Kiton's style for a much more reasonable price? I really love their looks but they are way out of my price range. Here are a few examples of the style I am referring to:

My cocktail videos >

Joseph Abboud would be one option.

It's pattern overload for me, but have at it!

Comment

Second from the bottom reminds me of this:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-traditional-linen-blazer~219431_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::KQ1&CM_MERC H=search-_-linen&origin=search

The default is navy w/ stripes, the the second color option is khaki w/ navy windowpane. The jacket above looks like linen so this is about as close of a match as I think you're going to find, but sizing in the windowpane is limited.

Comment

@alan not a bad option but looking for something more dramatic than khaki and LEC 38s fit me terribly

@nicholas will look into abboud. havent worn anything abboud in the past. any insight on their fit?

My cocktail videos >

Comment

Alan, you sure enjoy linking that blazer. haha

Comment

@Jordan: I'm gonna find a way to work it into every post. Speaking of which...

Comment

I see styles like this go through my local thrift store. None of it has been Kiton, or believe you me, I would have bought and flipped it all.

Ben

Comment

My biggest objection to jackets like these is not that they're so busy, but that they're so memorable. If you wear it even once a week, it'll stand out and be obvious that you're repeating a lot. I've worn the same navy blazer for 3 or 4 out of the last 7 workdays, and nobody has noticed because the pants, shirt, and tie are always different.

I guess if you already have a comfortable rotation of simple colors like navy, khaki, brown, grey, etc. (and I'm not suggesting anyone needs ALL of those), then there's no reason not to branch out. It just won't get a lot of play without getting played out. Knowwhatimean?

I'm always looking for stuff like this when I hit the thrift shops (even though I've never find any). Knowing that I won't get to wear it often, I factor in dollars-per-wear so I look for them cheap. And if I never find any, at least I have my basic bases already covered. The pattern I see in thrift stores is very tired-looking houndstooth.

Comment

Try eBay... You can probably get a Kiton for $200-300

Comment

@alan I hear you. That's one of my biggest holdups on spending too much money but I'd really love to have at least one in this fashion that I could break out every once and a while and really make a statement.

@jason would love your ebay skills...ive never seen a kiton on ebay close to that range

id ideally love to get my hands on an lbm 1911 from last years collection for a reduced price but tough to find here in the states.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

This one went for $202.50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-000-Kiton-...#ht_500wt_1182

Comment

Haha JC I actually followed that auction wishing I was a 43 and not a 40. Made me sad I couldnt have it

Comment

Well, it's doable is all I'm saying... It'll take time and patience.

I just got a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece sportcoat with Loro Piana fabric for $25 and free shipping, so...

Comment

If you come across another like that and you're not gonna bid, can you point it my way? :-)

And back on topic, I was at nordstrom Rack on my lunch break, and the clearance rack had a number of patterns like these. Most were either Abboud or HSM.

Comment

Just wanted to bring this thread back up for a quick find from Frank & Oak. Their a new company that released about 2 months ago now. Well they have a windowpane blazer that may interest you tdig in terms of the style you were looking for.

Here is the link to Sabir's Review of the blazer. If you like it, you can then become a member of the site to look at their products. 50$ or less items.

http://mensstylepro.com/2012/03/07/s...blazer-review/

Comment

Working...
                              X