Leather Chukkas instead of Suede?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Chukkas instead of Suede?

Where do leather, non-suede chukkas fit in a wardrobe? I'm only really familiar with chukkas as desert boots or light suede, how about a chukka style (ankle-height with two eyeholes) but in regular brown leather? It seems like a weird in-between spot between suede and dress boot, does this have a place?

I already have suede shoes and I'd like a casual boot, I like the look of these but I'm not sure I've seen dark brown leather chukkas before... thoughts?

I have a pair very similar to the one you linked. It fits for me by being a boot, but not a big workboot or dressy wingtip. From the waist down it's really just a plain toed blucher, which makes it a blank slate for anything from suits to jeans.

I think that polished leather is a tad "safer" than suede for most guys. A bit less loud, works year round, and in a not-too-dark shade of brown it works with so much.

Comment

I have a pair of darkish brown more casual leather chukkas which I wear as kind of a go-to casual shoe, especially in fall/winter. I wanted leather instead of suede so I wouldn't have to worry about weather as much, and I've worn them through pouring rain, ice, deep snow, slush, and salt and they still look really good after a year and a half despite being Aldos. I also keep shoe trees in them all the time and clean and condition them when needed like I do for all my shoes, but still they're holding up pretty well. You could go with a dressier one, but personally to me, chukkas work better as a little more casual shoe. This is them obviously when they were pretty dirty but it's the best overall pic of them I have.

Comment

I recently got a pair of leather Chukkas and I wear them quite a bit. They work great with indigo jeans or even white if you have a matching color belt. I still want a suede style chukka late on, but I'm extremely happy with this purchase. I wear them at least twice a week I feel like.

Comment

Everyone should own Clark's og desert boots in beeswax.

Comment

Here are mine.

Comment

Working...
            X