How's this combo for a wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's this combo for a wedding?

I'm going to an evening wedding this weekend. How does this combo look?

I like it -- nice and conservative, well put together. Where's the square from? I like the idea of the dotted square.

Comment

Thanks, Styleforum is not as kind. The square is from The Tie Bar

Comment

Did they provide no feedback or just tear you a new one?

Comment

Not a full on tear, but some slapping around at least.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291071/h...-for-a-wedding

Comment

Well I do feel like yellow is a spring/summery color and grey is more wintery. So in that regard, I do prefer a navy blazer/suit with a yellow tie, but it's not like there's a rule or anything. It's just how I do it. I like the tie, though.

Comment

"yellow is a spring/summery color and grey is more wintery"

Perfect for the Lion/Lamb month of March!

Comment

Sounds like their comments are more about their personal style than issues with color coordination / composition. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comment

Personally I love a nice yellow tie.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: Despite the millions of ties out there, that one looks INCREDIBLY familiar. Where did you get it?

And I'm wearing a yellow/blue tie today so yeah, I've got no objection to a yellow tie, either.

Comment

I'm not a fan of yellow ties but if I was to wear one I would go with a purple pocket square especially with a grey suit.

Comment

Gotta love those helpful chaps over at Styleforum ...

Whiteknight -- I think I own that exact yellow tie, so you'll get no criticism from me. My wife loves me in some yellow tie, but my company loosened the dress code a couple years back, so I don't have to wear ties anymore. (Then again, I'm one of those guys who thinks the no-tie-with-a-suit is absolutely fantastic. Forget Clooney, have you guys seen Gosling in "Crazy, Stupid, Love"? The guy is a lady killer.)

Comment

@ Alan - My mom bought that one in London years ago. Made by Chloe.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: Doesn't ring any bells. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why that tie is so familiar... Oh well...

Comment

I've posted the pic here before a few times. Maybe you saw it then?

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X