The hunt for a casual navy blazer for the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hunt for a casual navy blazer for the summer

Hey all! So I have been hunting for a casual navy blazer for this coming spring/summer, and have been finding it extremely difficult to find something, and even more difficult to find it at a reasonable price. Since this is a staple item in a wardrobe, I assume most of you have managed to find one you like. Any suggestions would be great! Looking for something lighter like a linen or cotton, 1 or 2 button, unstructured is fine, most importantly, something reasonably priced.

So far the closest thing I have been able to find is the J crew factory Thompson, but at $152, I am sure I could find better. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_category/avacationshop/PRDOVR~38647/99102615204/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~205+16+4294966725~15~ ~~~~~~/38647.jsp

E-bay hasnt even been useful in my search

If any of you happen to run into something, or have one youre looking to sell (im a 40r), let me know!

What's your max price limit?

Comment

The unlined, unstructure navy blazer from Target is pretty good for 35 dollars

Comment

The one you linked to looks great and is $118 now. If you find a 30% off coupon pop up, that puts you at a very very reasonable $82.60. Slimmer arms than the Target Merona Kensington blazer... I think you've got a great choice.

Comment

Acoustic and I have the Target one (wearing it today...again), but the J. Crew one is a little nicer. Worth the money.

Comment

BTW focuspants, that Jcrew navy blazer was 75 dollars during the last 30% off then another additional 30% off sale. Might be good to keep tabs on it during the next holiday coming up to see if a similar sale will occur.

Comment

Sweet thanks for the input so far. I dont necessarily have a budget, just trying to get the best bang for my buck. We dont have target up here in Canada yet, and there is only 1 J Crew as well, so its hard to actually find something to try on. Based on the pictures of the Target Merona blazer, its seems a little too boxy and long for my body type. Im 5'11 and 185 (athletic build).

Comment

This one from Charles Tyrwhitt is supposed to be good:

http://bit.ly/x2Q0jW

Comment

I was just looking at that, but im not sure if its just me, the way it is modeled, or if it actually the case, but it looks a little "stiff". I cant find the exact words im looking for, but I think you get what I mean. Any idea of how it actually wears?

Comment

The DKNY slim fit blazer that got mentioned in the Macy's One Dale Sale picks had a navy "twin" that was also for sale, so I ordered online to give it a shot. It was $150 ($160 with ten dollars off coupon...hey, every little bit helps!) and I figure since it ships/returns free I'd try it out.

Comment

No idea, but it doesn't look stiff either structurally or in terms of formality to me. Actually, I'm glad I thrifted one like this from J Press that's linen / cotton or I'd be buying this one.

Comment

Dunno if you've got Macy's in Canada, but last year they sold a couple of very lightweight, almost shirt-weight unstructured blazers, including a navy blue one. I'd be willing to bet they will stock some similar stuff again this year.

Ben

Comment

BenR - Like a BOSS!

Comment

Lands End comes through again!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-traditional-linen-blazer~228086_-1.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-null-_-FP-_-data_feed&applyPromo=0

The stripe and bras buttons aren't TOTALLY casual (depending on your definition of "casual"), but otherwise it checks every box.

Comment

Looks too much like an orphaned suit coat

Comment

Working...
                              X