Sneaker Shields anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneaker Shields anyone

Any of you sneaker wearing out there comes across or use Sneaker Shields? http://www.sneakershields.com/shop/the-sport-edition/

Are these the equivalent of shoe trees but for running shoes? If so, what have have your experiences been?

Thanks.

i'm not sure these do anything?

unless you are generally the sort to wear your same sneaks literally every day, and let them get rotted and wet and disgusting?

with a day in between, it's really easy to let sneakers dry out. heck, i've even noticed that even under particularly sweaty wear, the cloth insole usually dries out 1/3 faster than a set of dress shoes.

sorry to have doubts, please feel free to convince me

-Evan "Skeptical by Nature" Parker
    Last edited by evanparker; June 24, 2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12001]evanparker[/MENTION]. I have my doubts too which is why I posted here. Thought I'd see what others thought/felt. Good to know I'm not alone. Cheers.

Comment

Sneakershields from what I've seen are predominantly used for anti-creasing. If you are contemplating using them on a running shoe it doesn't make too much sense unless the shoe is leather or suede of some sort. Otherwise, mesh or knit uppers won't show much creasing to begin with. More often than not I've heard of people using these for Jordan's, etc shoes of that nature. Since they aren't well constructed the leather creases very easily and these help prevent that. Not the most comfortable things to wear from what I've heard.

Comment

[MENTION=12984]Aperez008[/MENTION] I do have a pair of leather Adidas running shoes and they are starting to show a some creases. So that's what started me wondering. As I mentioned above though, I wasn't sure if the shields were worth the investment or not. If I could find them locally I might think about it, however I can only find them online.

Comment

I would check footlockers or stores like that. The places I've seen them have been in those locations. From what I have been told they do hurt some while wearing them.

Comment

Working...
            X