My jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My jackets

So today I finally got my Daniel Cremieux suit back from Dillards. They had to do some repair work on it which got me to thinking about its level of quality. Its listed original retail price was $700, but I paid $350 for it. With an original price that high, I was expecting a reasonably well-constructed suit, but the repairs concerned me. So I did something I've never had the iniative to do before. I checked to see whether it's canvassed or fused. As it turns out, that navy Daniel Cremieux suit is made in Canada and is half-canvassed. Needless to say, I'm pleased to see this. It helps me decide whether I should spend the money to finally have it altered or start looking for a new one.

Since I'm wearing my Hickey Freeman blazer today, I decided to check that one, too. By the name alone, I was expecting a half-canvassed jacket. Apparaently, it's fully canvassed and made in the USA. I have no idea what the original retail price is since I bought it at a thrift shop for $12.

Needless to say, these revelations have brightened my day!

I'm pretty sure that anything labeled HF is going to be at least half canvassed (Hickey Freeman Ltd) and most are fully canvassed. They're also made right here in Rochester, NY. They make for other brands too, especially anything you find from Gieves & Hawkes that's made in the USA.

Comment

JC would be correct, HF is an amazing brand...i never ever cared about the fused canvassed half or full until i got my hands on a HF SC, to say the least, a fully canvassed SC will make you torso love you where as a fused will leave it wanting more

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

I wish HF fit me better - for some reason compared to other blazers the shoulders seem either wider or more aggressive on me.

Definitely a well made blazer for the money, though.

Comment

Chi flat irons are a product of chi flat iron Farouk Systems Incorporated which is a Houston based company. The company is owned and operated by a team of hair dressers who know the hair styling requirements of women. There are many types of Chi flat irons that are designed for different purposes. chi hair straightener One of the latest models of Chi flat iron is the Chi Slim flat iron which has half inch plates. This model is suitable for short hair as the thin plates makes it easier to straighten short hair. It is also perfect for achieving tight curls chi flat iron official website and getting close to the scalp.

Comment

Working...
          X