Recommendations on a true no-show sock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on a true no-show sock.

Looking for recommendations on a true no-show sock. Something that can be worn with Vans, Weejuns, boat shoes, camp mocs, etc. that truly doesn't show. Shomas recommended some the other day, but I couldnt find the post via the search function. I figure this is the time of year to break these out, so if you have any suggestions, please add them. I have some Ninja Sox already, and they are pretty good. They have a new 3.0 model available, but can only be ordered in quantities of 1, 6, and 12. Thanks in advance!

I have some Sheec socks that have been excellent so far. Truly no-show and they don't slip either.

http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHugg...keywords=sheec

Comment

Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
      I have some Sheec socks that have been excellent so far. Truly no-show and they don't slip either.

http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHugg...keywords=sheec
      Thanks for the rec. Those look nice. I like how they have the silicone grips in the heel to keep them from slipping.

Comment

I found some ladies (Yes ladies) no show socks at Walmart. I bought them in a pinch when I was on vacation. I believe the brand was "Spec?" The elastic was nice, and they have a rubber piece in the heel that prevents them from slipping.

Edit...I realize that they might actually be the same socks referenced in the above post from Sheec. I'll have to check when I get home!

Comment

I have used JOURNEYS socks, particularly the 'liners' and 'footies'.
          Last edited by kmarizo; June 17, 2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I don't have personal experience with these but on the front page, Joe included a link to Ninja Socks: On the 3.0 model, they tout a 'true no show' sock good for TOM'S, loafers, boat shoes, mocs, sneakers, etc. with silicone no slip grips on the inside heel.

Comment

I picked up a pair of Kenneth Cole no shows at Marshall's last week... paid like $12 for 4 pairs. They had a catchy slogan on them- "The Game is Afoot".

Comment

My recommendation was probably for Sperry's "Skimmers." (http://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Top-Sid...erry+Top-Sider) They've been the best I've tried so far.

Comment

I've tried many brands, but still have not found a no-show sock that won't slip. I almost wonder if the shape of my (wide) foot is the issue. Maybe wide feet cause the back to pull down? We need an engineer here to design one that actually grips the bottom of the foot while remaining comfortable/breathable. Then we can post it on Kickstarter and get rich. Who's with me?

Comment

I've never found a non-slip sock that's actually no-show, either. The ones that don't show, slip. The ones that don't slip, show. Most of them do both.

Best solution I've found are a pair of washable terrycloth insoles: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

Comment

I wear the Tommy John liner socks with my Vans, boat shoes and loafers. Best I have used so far.
                      https://www.tommyjohn.com/products/u...2-pack#?size=O
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by kmarizo View Post
                        I don't have personal experience with these but on the front page, Joe included a link to Ninja Socks: On the 3.0 model, they tout a 'true no show' sock good for TOM'S, loafers, boat shoes, mocs, sneakers, etc. with silicone no slip grips on the inside heel.
                        I have been wearing the 3.0s for several weeks now and they're great - highly recommended. I have fairly small feet and many brands just have one size; NinjaSox offered a size small enough for me. I wear them with sneakers and loafers and have yet to have them slip off my heel.

I've also tried Jay's Barely There no show socks. They've been good, but they aren't quite as small. They're thinner, too, which might be preferred depending on shoe fitment.

Comment

Uniqlo. Thin and can take a beating with no holes ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Preppy View Post
                            Uniqlo. Thin and can take a beating with no holes ever.
                            +1 for Uniqlo. Don't slip, don't show, & cheap (3 for 990JPY)

Comment

I've never found a no-show sock that wont slip off my heel, maybe its the way I walk or my foot shape. I just gave up and go no sock.

Comment

Working...
                              X