Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Sportcoat

Guys,

Loving this sport coat in khaki black. I think I could make this work for me but it's a pricey sport coat. What are your thoughts?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...3995/33995.jsp

I like it! Originally I didn't think there was a pocket for a pocket square, but you can see it in the other photos. Sort of dots all the i's and crosses all the t's for a jacket, but it's full retail. I would wait.

Comment

Dru, I love it too. My advice would be to wait 2-3 months until it's put in J Crew's final sale. You'll be able to pick it up for ~$100 then.

Comment

I've never seen a linen herringbone sport coat is those color options before. Pretty sweet! I love just about anything in herringbone and the jacket has a good cut, but I prefer the brown option. The khaki black looks cool from a few steps away, but it's pretty contrasty up close when you zoom in. The lapel is a little thin for my taste, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Now, the price... Yeah, that's a deal breaker. :-)

Comment

Do you have much experience with linen? It's going to wrinkle like hell, you know.

Comment

@TheMeInTeam: Yeah, but the herringbone pattern will help mask some of that. Rather ingenious, i think.

Comment

Like they say in the description - it will wrinkle...it's part of the look.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I think I'll wait a bit, but it's definitively going to get picked up once it goes on sale!

Comment

Working...
                X