Lesson learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson learned

Just because your boots have lugged Vibram soles and a nice thick toe box doesn't mean you wont freak out if they're made by Allen Edmonds and you drop a ladder on your foot. Of course, I was worried about the shoes than my foot. :-P Thankfully all is well... But I'll be changing my shoes.

That, my friend, is why you need some of these. B-)

Ben

Comment

This should be stickied.

Comment

WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?!?!

So I'm walking through Sears on my lunch break to return some Lands End stuff. I'm walking through appliance section, and I'm looking at the various washers/dryers/etc as I walk by. What I DON'T see is the refidgerator on display directly in front of me, in the middle of the aisle.

I'm wearing my Poulsen, Skone, & Co's today - the most expensive, obscure shoes I own (which isn't saying much, but still). They're not thousands of dollars, but they could very easily be "irreplaceable". When I ran into the fridge, I kicked something underneath it and pealed back the leather on the toe of the left shoe. I'm mad at myself for not seeing the fridge and mad at Sears for putting it in the aisle in the first place. The leather wasn't shaved completely off so I'm going to take it to a cobbler and see if they can fix it.

DAMN IT!!!

Comment

It makes me mad enough to want to kick something, but I would have to change shoes first. :-P

Comment

Comment

Just noticed I scuffed up the medallion, too...

Comment

Argh... That sucks. Hopefully the cobbler can help you out. I don't have any experience fixing that kind of thing.

Comment

First the ladder... then the squirrels... and now this? The world is out to get you Alan!

I would suggest your next WIWT look like this

Comment

No way! His feet would be outside the bubble.

Comment

Focuspants, that's only what's happened since I joined these forums. You all in here never got to hear the story about the colony of 15,000 bees living in my house last fall or about replacing the transmission on my truck and then sliding on ice and damaging the rental car... It's a miracle that fate hasn't bankrupted me.

But this newest development is more than just money. These shoes are special for me. They were probably discontinued for nearly a decade before I bought them, and they were rare to begin with. I'll never find another pair exactly like them so if I can't finx them, I'm screwed.

Comment

The disadvantage of size 12 feet is that you're always banging into things. Saves your face, but it's bad news for your toes.

Comment

TAKE MY HOUSE, TAKE MY CAR, INFACT TAKE TWO! BUT NOT MY SHOES!

Sorry I had to I can totally sympathize. I have a prized piece of clothing. We had this flood a couple years back, and it damaged some of my old clothes that were stored away in a bag. It had my old elementary school graduation suit in it. The adjusters that came out fill out everything damaged so your insurance company knows what to pay for. They only wrote down "Italian Suit". Naturally, I went and bought myself a new Versace suit, it has light purple and light greeny/blue pastel rough chalk stripes. I love this suit to death.

I wore it to my fiancees convocation, and I was drinking a glass of red wine, and someone bumped into me, and the wine literally missed my suit by less than an inch and spilled on the floor and my shoes. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I could see the wine falling in slow motion. I think I would have literally cried if it got on the suit.

Anyway, that was the closest I have come to disaster, and I really hope you manage to escape this with a fixed pair of shoes

Comment

mustard stains on custom shirts

Comment

poor guy!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                              I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                              X