Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm now taking donations for these shoes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now taking donations for these shoes...

http://www.parkandbond.com/product/83862299

What do you think?

Mathis, I'm not sure if it's the "windsor" model, but you can find a very similar looking european wingtip from To Boot New York in Nordstrom Racks for about 175 dollars.

Comment

I wouldn't pay $400 for To Boot... I've heard bad things about their quality

Comment

I have the To Boot shoes that Acousticfoodie mentioned. They were only $175 at Nordstrom Rack. I haven't had any issues with quality, but I've only had them for a few months. I've received more compliments on these shoes than any other single piece of clothing or footwear that I own.

Comment

I don't think they're the exact same model, but very similar. Mine have much less burnishing and the forefoot shape is a little bit different.

Comment

I don't think I'd pay $400 for a shoe with that much burnishing. To me it looks a little cheap, like something you'd find on an $75 shoe at Macy's.

Ben

Comment

I really don't think they look cheap, maybe its preference. But, that's really good to know about Nordstrom's Rack. Thanks for posting IanD. I'll definitely look into that. The ones you posted look really sharp.

Comment

For $400, you can get Allen Edmonds or Alden.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the top profile, the burnishing, or that the medallion expends pretty much all the way to the tip.

The Allen Edmonds McAllister is cheaper, likely built a LOT better, isn't burnished, and has a nicer profile (IMO):

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Comment

If you wait till the next sale you can get two AE's for $300.

Comment

For 400, I'm thinking Aldens for sure. You'll always have a shoe that has resale value w/ an Alden. Something to consider.

Comment

For $425 you can get the AE Strands in brown shell cordovan.

Comment

I really appreciate all this input. I'm still learning so its nice to see everyone's opinion. I definitely agree with you, Alan, about the AE McAllister. Those shoes are amazing. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X