Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Wurkin Stiffs

Any thoughts?

I dunno how DIY this is, but I bought assorted size metal collar stays and some small magnets off amazon, and they work like a charm, and way cheaper than wurkin stiffs. Using them right now, as a matter of fact!

magnets: http://amzn.com/B000SJ61EC

assorted metal stays: http://amzn.com/B004L8J0C6

Also, those magnets might even be a little overkill. They hold on like crazy. You probably could get away with using smaller magnets. Lots of different sizes available from that company.

Comment

Search eBay for neodymium magnets for possibly cheaper alternatives.

Thanks for the link to the metal stays. I couldn't get myself to pay for those Wurkins.

Comment

I like that idea. They have a 1/4" version of the magnets that may work better if the 3/8" are overkill.

Comment

Just remember, not all metal stays will be magnetic. DIY won't work with brass stays, for example.

Ben

Comment

When i première carte de lancel crédit crédibilité chercher nous vous conseillons de vous personnellement. Lancel liste des cartes à jouer, comme les concepteurs Lancel nombreux sont généralement inclus dans cette marchandise. Les lancel adjani rouge prépayées ne sont des rapports, des données claires. Le numéro de modèle ainsi que aimant permanent retirer ainsi que toutes les sacs à main Lancel femmes.

Avez-vous un compte bancaire en utilisant les sac lancel premier flirt noir côté artiste si vous avez acquis, vous êtes en ce moment là, vous trouverez un sac card.lancel adjani pas cher réel message d'accueil personnalisé avec une certaine dans la présentation ci-jointe porte-feuille d'aluminium à l'aide de leurs véritables cartes à jouer. Mis en avant en tête avec le logo de Lancel minuscule sur le plan personnel, vous trouverez la marque dans lancel premier flirt noir carte de crédit.

Vous êtes un particulier sur le front de nouveau Lancel pour la carte de crédit à bande magnétique et situé pour obtenir comparables. Des lancel adjani cartes à jouer d'autres sont des biens et aussi une quantité d'informations.http://www.soldesacs.com/sac-de-marque-2/sac-lancel

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered a set. The 1/4" magnets are backordered for 3-4 weeks so I just went with the 3/8" ones, same as you. Hopefully they're not too much!

Comment

You guys ought to be able to find magnets like those in your local hardware store. Just sayin'.

(And yes... they are very powerful. My dad and I used a pair of them, plus a pair of screws, as the closure system in the watch box we built over Christmas break.)

Ben

Comment

@BenR - Good point, but I figure for $11 it's worth it to not drive over to the hardware store and I'll have a bunch of extra magnets to play with afterward. Even if they're too strong, I'm sure I can find a use for them at home/work and I'll find some smaller ones.

Comment

I always feel compelled to say this - keep magnets away from kids. My co-worker's daughter swallowed 2 magnets over the course of a day this winter and had a series of abdominal surgeries because they were attracted to each other across the intestinal wall and burned holes through her intestines. Not good.

I got a pack of Wurkin Stiffs as a gift and love them. Wearing them today. You have to be careful to not let the magnets smack into each other because they will chip easily.

Comment

Good warning. Small coin cell batteries too.

Comment

Be careful with the extra powerful magnets around automatic watches, too. A mechanical watch movement that is magnetized will not run accurately until it is demagnetized by a watch repair professional.

Ben

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky, but do all of you really have problems with your collars not staying down without magnets?

Comment

It's not that the collars don't stay down. It's just that they spread and flatten out. They don't "stand at attention". This solution keeps the collar perky.

Comment

Working...
                              X