AE store blew my mind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE store blew my mind!

I can never seem to find just the right fit with shoes. I'm always vacillating between 11, 11.5 and 12, but nothing ever fits right. Too tight here, too wide there, it's always been tough.

I like to thrift, so a not so perfect fit for a decent quality shoe for $10 is no big deal. But I'd like to start getting some ebay deals and finding the right fit. Since I'm in Boca with family for the weekend, I walk into the AE store. One salesman and one manager, no other customers, let's find my perfect size!

Salesman measures me - dead on 11 D. So he pulls a couple of 11s in the classic Park Ave. Nope! Can't even get my foot in the shoe.

So the salesman and I do the classic dance that I've always done. 11.5? Eh, little long, little tight. 12? Too long all over. Salesman brings out 11E. Nope, still not working.

Manager Denise says "I'll be right back". Comes out with a pair of Park Aves, tells me to try them on. "Don't worry about the numbers" she says. Try them on a, voila! Perfect fit! Better fit than I've had with shoes in a looooong time! What size I ask?

10 EEE

One simple pair of shoes rocked my world. I have to rethink my entire shoe budget and ensemble. I finally have a size that (at least for one maker in one particular last) works perfect!

Can't thank Denise enough. Was worth the 20 mins of experiment, and has made me a new lifelong fan of AE.

Did you buy the shoes?

Comment

I didn't...yet. My wardrobe budget needs to rest for a couple of months before I pull the trigger. But I'm never down here with the time to stop buy the store unchained from the kids, so I took the opportunity when it came.

I told them both up front that this was investigative work for future purchases. They were still very happy to help find the right fit.

Comment

That must have been one pissed off sales associate.

I feel you bro. I am a 8EEE. Went to nordstroms and figured it out.

I am heading down to boyton beach next week maybe I'll swing by the AE store.

Comment

Originally posted by Delish333 View Post
          I didn't...yet. My wardrobe budget needs to rest for a couple of months before I pull the trigger. But I'm never down here with the time to stop buy the store unchained from the kids, so I took the opportunity when it came.

I told them both up front that this was investigative work for future purchases. They were still very happy to help find the right fit.
          If you have an AmEx card, check your rewards. They're doing $50 credit for $200 spent at AE. Nabbed myself a gift card for a future purchase.

Comment

The guy was super nice. I told them from the beginning I had no money to buy that day. Totally professional the whole time. Probably good training too...how to spot problem feet and find the right size.

Comment

OP- I'm pretty confident the salesperson would not be mad. Allen edmonds sells a luxury good and I'm 100% sure that people do exactly what you do all the time. I've done it myself.

What I'd suggest: when you do pull the trigger call the store and do it through them. Ask for the salesperson to get credit. At that point it means even more because you remembered the great service and went back to support them.

Comment

This is great, but honestly 10 EE on the 65 last doesn't mean 10 EE on all AE shoes, much less all shoes. I wear 10.5 EEE on the 65 and 11 D on the 511 (a 10.5 EEE on the 511 is too short AND too wide). I have a pair of 11 Ds on the 333 last that feel great, but have a solid 3/4" of space past my toe. Most of my shoes are bluchers, so it doesn't matter that much, but w/ loafers and oxfords, the only way to know is to try them on sometimes.

Comment

Yeah, I'm realizing that I'll have to keep an eye on lasts and keep track of what works for each last on my foot. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

I'm down in Boyton this week. I'll be checking out the AE store this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X